Insurance....Go figure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
I called Progressive today to get my '06 covered under the same policy the '99 is under.

Got everything done by phone, had the credit card ready to give number and the chick says....there is no sdditional charge to add this vehicle and you actually have a $1 reduction is your annual premium.

Just to verify my hearing was correct I said....it will cost me $1 a year less to insure 2 motorcycles than to insure just 1? She goes....that's right, your $1 refund check will be in the mail within 5 - 7 business days.

Go figure.....:ummm::confused2::ummm:

Sounds like they figure you can't ride two at once, so they only actually have to cover one--and the buck off is to show you they appreciate your business. That's if you only carry liability. If they're in it for damage to your bikes, then I can't understand it, either, because a meteor could land on both of them at once. Also, the '06 is more expensive to replace than the '99. All I know about insurance is it never makes any sense to me. And I think the insurance companies like it just that way.

The insurance co. I go through gives me discounts for multiple policies. I have My truck and Bike with them and when I was working around the state, renter's insurance.

bill.

he has sal's that got hit

danny..

fuckin awesome man! whats ur plan for sal's 06 anyways?

Cool, you get free stuffin' bucks, now git to the boobie bar :th_SmileyBoobs:

Lounge dollars:biglaugh:

Progressive is who I use, Had to max (no pun) my coverage so I did not feel guilty paying a 150.00 a year. Called back and said double all coverage, said 12 bucks more, I said triple, 12 buck more. well there ya go.
Dan-o good deal aye.

I was quoted 89 a year from geico for my 85. Vmax insurance is cheap!

It is cheap!! I'm paying $74/yr for both the '99 & '06, no comp....liability only.

Back in the day, when I had my '85, v max's were on the 'hot list' and you had to beg for minimum coverage...and most companies wouldn't write it. :confused2:

yup, canadian insurance sux. Nothing short of outrageous..

I pay $310 a year for both my '86 Max and the ex-wife's '82 CM200T, with both of us covered on both bikes even tho she can't/won't even ride her own bike! That's with all the minimum covers required by FL law and medical payments cover too, with Progressive through USAA.

To remove the CM200T would have gained me $4, go figure..

It is cheap!! I'm paying $74/yr for both the '99 & '06, no comp....liability only.

Back in the day, when I had my '85, v max's were on the 'hot list' and you had to beg for minimum coverage...and most companies wouldn't write it. :confused2:

Back in 85 I was 6 years old....wonder how much they would have charged me then?:biglaugh::eusa_dance:

SO JUST THINK , IF YOU WERE A NICE GUY , YOU WOULD PUT 74 OF US ON YOUR POLICY , ( IF THERE GIVING YOU BACK A DOLLAR ON EACH BIKE YOU ADD )... THEN YOUR INSURANCE WOULD BE FREE !..." LOL ":rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:... RIGHT " LOL ":confused2::confused2::confused2:

Last edited:
SO JUST THINK , IF YOU WERE A NICE GUY , YOU WOULD PUT 74 OF US ON YOUR POLICY , ( IF THERE GIVING YOU BACK A DOLLAR ON EACH BIKE YOU ADD )... THEN YOUR INSURANCE WOULD BE FREE !..." LOL ":rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:... RIGHT " LOL ":confused2::confused2::confused2:

Timmy, You do have a unique way of looking at things!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

But...I'll call her first thing Monday morning! :clapping:

Abe...I said 'Back in the day' not 'Back in '85' :biglaugh: I had the '85 max in the mid 90's.
But yeah...I was around in '85...and '75...and '65...&...&. :smoke000::sleep::smoke000:

mine runs 396$ a year for the bare minimum through geiko. Yall are lucky. Im only 23 with 2 speeding tickets 15 over the limit so im fucked for a while. My buddy has a suzuki 650 thumper and pays almost the same as me so i dont feel so bad

I have progressive too. A full year is only 75.00. I guess it helps to be 45 and have no violations in 10 years too.
Ride safe bros. No need to use that insurance.

I have progressive too. A full year is only 75.00. I guess it helps to be 45 and have no violations in 10 years too.
Ride safe bros. No need to use that insurance.

Yeah, That's what I'm talking!! Grab up another max, Firewrench and save some money!!:biglaugh: I know, I know, it's only a dollar, but......it's a start!!:punk:

mine runs 396$ a year for the bare minimum through geiko. Yall are lucky. Im only 23 with 2 speeding tickets 15 over the limit so im fucked for a while. My buddy has a suzuki 650 thumper and pays almost the same as me so i dont feel so bad

75.00 through progressive for me too....and Clint....your insurance people has probably seen your youtube vids and jacked it up for you :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back