Integrated CBR LED Tail Light Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realy want to do this light but I am not to excited about cutting the tabs off the fender & cutting tjhe inner fender. Jimsmax it looks great all of you guys have different ideas but they all come out nice.

I still have not received my tail light in replace for the rear reflector, so here are the pics for what I have done so far, and it works great! I cut the inner fender and welded and new end to it, I then made two cuts in it to make the bend for the correct angle of the rear section on the fender, included a license bracket so the whole thing, light and license is bolt on bolt off just like factory.
Normally they cut off the stock fender bolt tabs (and glue the light to the fender) to do this mod, did you reposition the tabs to hold the light on?
You did a nice clean job, this looks like a factory update! This is what Yamaha should have done sometime during it's production.
EDIT: I looked at your pictures again and there is no way it 's bolted. Nice job!

Normally they cut off the stock fender bolt tabs (and glue the light to the fender) to do this mod, did you reposition the tabs to hold the light on?
You did a nice clean job, this looks like a factory update! This is what Yamaha should have done sometime during it's production.
EDIT: I looked at your pictures again and there is no way it 's bolted. Nice job!

Thanks guys! Glad you like it!

I did cut off the factory tabs on the bottom side of the fender, (I really hesitated to cut it but the factory light is hideous and I couldn?t see myself wanting to go back to it, not even on the anniversary); the light is not glued in as many have done. I wanted a design that was going to be trouble free down the road for replacement; so my light uses the studs on the rear to attach it to the new inner fender tail piece. The whole thing bolts on and bolts off just like the factory light did.

I may go back and install a dab of silicone on the top side of rear portion of the light, if you guys think I will get excessive vibration with only the two studs?

Thanks guys! Glad you like it!

I did cut off the factory tabs on the bottom side of the fender, (I really hesitated to cut it but the factory light is hideous and I couldn’t see myself wanting to go back to it, not even on the anniversary); the light is not glued in as many have done. I wanted a design that was going to be trouble free down the road for replacement; so my light uses the studs on the rear to attach it to the new inner fender tail piece. The whole thing bolts on and bolts off just like the factory light did.
Right on Jim, again very nice job! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
I may go back and install a dab of silicone on the top side of rear portion of the light, if you guess thing I will get excessive vibration with only the two studs?
It probably wouldn't hurt, does the tail light have LEDs or incadesants?

Yea Brian, I am thinking a quarter sized dab rite where the plastic tabs on the new light were would probably not hurt a bit.

Finally got the other light and finished putting the ass back together, this is the final product and what it looks like with the running lights on now.

Now I need to take the seat off again; cause I forgot to charge the battery! :bang head:

Attachments

• IMG_20130310_215311_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20130310_215311_0[1].jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20130310_215355_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20130310_215355_0[1].jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 130
Has anyone used the smoked lens from motodynamic? No problem with visibility or anything?

I also used the smoked light from Motodynamic. It seems bright enough for me, and it is DOT approved. You can see a pic with it on posted a page ago. I doubt you would even notice either way, you can barely tell there is a light there if it?s not on.

Yo. Just ordered mine. Get them today for $10 off AKA free shipping.

top15.jpg

I had to drill 3 holes in the license plate and two in the license plate bracket. The LED light comes with two studs and two nylock nuts. Just screwed the studs into the holes in the back of the LED housing and bolted it to the bracket.
An added bonus was that the light came pre wired with like 3 or 4 feet or wire. I just spliced it into the running light.

I had tried those LED license plate bolts on a previous bike and they were bright, just not on the plate.
Will load more pics tonight to show how well it lights up the plate.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365035178.627135.jpg

I came across this set-up which looks pretty neat. Just want to see if anyone is familiar with it. Pros? Cons?

Back