Integrated CBR LED Tail Light Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just eliminate the inner fender all together & silicon the light in there

Or you could just get a used fender off of eBay & mod it & keep yours stock if you ever want to go back, but I doubt you would ever go back to the stock light again
No way would I silicone it in there . That's just hack sorry I will make a new bracket or something . This is temporary anyway as I have the fiberglass tail piece going on this winter that eliminates the rear fender all together .

I purchased the smoked one from a vendor on amazon for high $30s shipping included a few months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Good to know, tex. Do you remember the specific vendor?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Why not just get a no load flasher that plugs in. No resistors... mo mess. Replaces the factory one simple plug n play. Thats the way I did it cause I am not a fan of resistors.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Just got my smoked LED tail light in the mail today. My English Mastiff almost ate the mail lady, but she was able to get it to me in one piece. I opened the box and the light looks great. But it doesnt have any resistors in the wiring. Do I need to get one and from where? I like WVxNitemare's idea of the no load flasher. Any thoughts on it? Nobody commented on his idea yet.

I just checked / tested the light with a 9 volt battery and it seems to work fine. No flash though when i connect the brake light wire. Nor do the turn signals flash from center to the side. They just light up all at once. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just got my smoked LED tail light in the mail today. My English Mastiff almost ate the mail lady, but she was able to get it to me in one piece. I opened the box and the light looks great. But it doesnt have any resistors in the wiring. Do I need to get one and from where? I like WVxNitemare's idea of the no load flasher. Any thoughts on it? Nobody commented on his idea yet.

If it came with a black bar looking thing with wires going in one side and out the other, that supposedly has the resistors required inside according to others. I wired that in with mine but still got the hyper flashing. YMMV

Anyone have any ideas on why I dont get the flash when i hook the brake light up, and why the blinker doesnt light up from middle to side? Hope that description makes sense.

Anyone have any ideas on why I dont get the flash when i hook the brake light up, and why the blinker doesnt light up from middle to side? Hope that description makes sense.

Where did you buy the light from?? Same place everyone else did or did you go sonewhere else?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Did mine yesterday I kept my mini turn signals so the tail light signals & minis come on at same time No hyper flash

sounds like a similar prob i had. the indication leds are hyperflashing. i wanna say that the brake signal also squelched my turn indicating signals as well, but i'm only 70% sure. at any rate, make sure you have the correct resistor load applied to the cbr light AS WELL as your front indicators. doing so, helped cure my issues

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Yep, just confirmed it.....wrong damn light. The ebay ones for 25-35 dollars arent the same ones from Motodynamic. If somebody on here warned us of that, i missed it. I think i will go ahead and mount it because the "REAL" ones are out of stock with no expected return date. I think the one i got and the real ones are equal in size and mounting should be the same. This explains why it didnt come with a resistor in the wire. Damn "junkbay". My fault for not reading into it enough. Its still LED and very bright, just not programmable with flashing brake light and moving signals. :banghead:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Back