Interesting read from the Honda guys...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it is true. I was told by a salesman at Micheals of Reno when I asked him about the 138MPH cut out he told me that in a drag situation where you redline every gear that it will bypass the limiter and allow the bike to run to its full potential. Maybe some of the Next Gen owners can chime in.:punk:

I don't know if it is true. I was told by a salesman at Micheals of Reno when I asked him about the 138MPH cut out he told me that in a drag situation where you redline every gear that it will bypass the limiter and allow the bike to run to its full potential. Maybe some of the Next Gen owners can chime in.:punk:

I think the race ECU eliminates the speed limiter. 02Moneypit just installed one on his '09, maybe he'll chime in.

This is true. The ECU "knows" when you are racing so it bypasses the top speed limiter.

I think the race ECU eliminates the speed limiter. 02Moneypit just installed one on his '09, maybe he'll chime in.

This is true, although VMaxguru had a post that it may add a few more ponies too.

I read the entire threads. A lot of interesting musings in there besides top speed and so forth.

Latest posts

Back