Internet Radio

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
For some reason I decided I'd like some tunes at work today. Never really thought about it all these years. I type in internet radio and see a place called "Pandora" Seems like a nice setup but I think you have to register to use it. Anyone have any experience with this site? Don't want to register here if its going to cause grief. Just looking for some good, free, tunes to listen to while at work.

It's a great site and i have been listening to if for maybe 5 years now... I used to d/l and make my own cd's (have 32G worth) but I haven't done much d/l since I got hooked on Pandora.
Set up a account, type in a favorite "seed: song and then sit back and enjoy. If you use the free version yo will have to click on a button to let them know you're still listening. I have about 10 stations to listen to for different moods. Use the like and dislike button to customize the station closer to your tastes.
I also like listening to the drum and bass stations(not on Pandora) as all they play is music with very little lyrics and mostly good beats.

Pandora is awesome. It's definitely worth it to make a free account. You create a station either by entering a song or artist you like(I've always done it by artist) and it makes a station that plays music based on your choice. It's scary good, I rarely ever hit the "skip" button. Great way to discover new music also. The free account limits you to 40 hours per month, so if you have it on all day at work you'll burn through that fast. However the ipod/iphone app lets you use as much as you want for free.

CBS radio is pretty good also(it manifests in several forms and names but it's the same radio, AOL radio is this). Lots of stations, decent variety on each, but if you listen to the same station for more than a day or two you'll start getting repeats so you have to change it up often. Pandora virtually never repeats unless you pick a really obscure genre/artist and there isn't much "like" it.

Try "iheart" in your search box. No registering for radio stations all across America. Like free Sirius or XM. If a station ain't your cup of tea, punch in "Cofi jukebox". Free music by year or genre no registering. If you want to hear 1972 music, just click on it. Hope you like it

For some reason I decided I'd like some tunes at work today. Never really thought about it all these years. I type in internet radio and see a place called "Pandora" Seems like a nice setup but I think you have to register to use it. Anyone have any experience with this site? Don't want to register here if its going to cause grief. Just looking for some good, free, tunes to listen to while at work.

Redbone put me onto Pandora during BR10, I've been listening to it daily ever since (in fact it's on in the background right now)....it's the best, and it's free!

I hadn't listen to a DNB station for almost a year but I'm listening to it now. some of it is not the greatest but I love da dass beats!:punk:

I have it on my iPhone as well.

I had it on my computer long before that. There's slacker as well.

It's da bomb and VERY well known.

Chris

Drums and Bass, it's mostly electronic stuff I got hooked on while I was playing World of Warcraft. I'd Play the game with game sound off, DNB playing on the main speakers while talking to guildies through a USB headphone with mic attached.
One of the guys in the raid group was a part time LA club DJ that would send us his mixes and other mixes he thought we'd like. Mostly it was the beats that I liked and worked well while playing WoW for 12 to 18 hours at a stretch. It was that addicting! (WoW that is)
I'm listening to http://www.bassdrive.com/v2/ right now. Click on the web player. It is not for everyone!:confused2:

I listen to some oldies chit on http://www.the70schannel.threetenradio.com/

I think some of it must be British, cause I don't ever recall hearing it as I survived the 70's in person - but radio wasn't first on my mind back then cause I spent most of my spare time riding my bikes and chasin' girls. They play a bunch of stuff by a band called Boney M. and I liked them so much, I bought CD's on fleabay the other day.

Pretty much the onliest station I can get here at work without the filters telling me I'm up to no good.

Back