Ive Got 18000 bucks to spend on a new bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the investment idea. I pulled some stalled investments last year and payed cash for my '07. Talk about a good feeling, new bike, no lien holder, all payed for and still had some money to transfer over to a IRA.

For what they say, there are a few good investments out there.

what are they? seriously...this is seems a good as place to pass on some good investment info:ummm:

what are they? seriously...this is seems a good as place to pass on some good investment info:ummm:

Sorry about hijacking the thread. Lets get back on topic. That Aprilla is one sweet bike. I have been eyeing that pretty puppy since I first heard someone else was going to introduce a V4.

If we want to talk investments we should start another thread.
Cheers

Sorry about hijacking the thread. Lets get back on topic. That Aprilla is one sweet bike. I have been eyeing that pretty puppy since I first heard someone else was going to introduce a V4.

If we want to talk investments we should start another thread.
Cheers

agreed. maybe the 18k is already money he's made off investing.. i dunno...

an investment thread wouldnt' be abad idea either, it is a buyers market...

anywhoo.. what kind of bike are you looking for, isnt' that the first question?

How about this guy? Sporting a V4 and between 180-220 hp (depending on configuration) Aprilia's RSV4 might turn a few heads and stretch your arms. Oh, and it weighs about 400 lbs.

rsv+4+8.jpg

If I could get one of those for 18K I would be all over it! :biglaugh:

BTW, saw a new B-King on eBay today for $8,999. :bang head:

You could always buy that, spend your other $9k on
apple-logo2.gif
and then buy yourself a new VMax (cash) in a couple of years with your stock boon. Hopefully.

Drive to the states and get an 09 max. Call it used when you get home to register it. Should be able to find a vendor to sell one for $16,000 give or take. You could always get someone else to buy it and resell it to you so you can officially call it used. Heck, I bet I could see if I can arrange something like that. Would be a long ass drive though and you would at least have to let me ride it around the block for you.

Sean
I have to admit Sean is a much smoother "let me take your new Vmax for a ride" guy than Cornball is!:rofl_200:

Well done everybody...
Some of you score A+ for giving me a list of bikes that actually cost 18000.

A few of you get a B+, (im sorry you didnt read the part about not listing a cheap bike and adding mods up to 18000, but thats ok.)

Oh and the investment advice was nice too..LOL.... but that wasn't the exercise.

And the exercise wasnt to really help me buy a bike either.

What you all have done is help me prove that an 18000 dollar bike is available from a number of manufacturers...... and isnt that unusual a price for a motorcycle... Thanks.

Well done everybody...

A few of you get a B+, (im sorry you didnt read the part about not listing a cheap bike and adding mods up to 18000, but thats ok.)

Oh and the investment advice was nice too..LOL.... but that wasn't the exercise.

What you all have done is help me prove that an 18000 dollar bike is available from a number of manufacturers...... and isnt that unusual a price for a motorcycle... Thanks.

That is a bit of a stretch since I only saw 3 bikes in that price range in the posts.

Well done everybody...

ohhh youuuuuu tricky dicky you! :biglaugh:

Ducatis' Desmocedecci RR, a 200 HP V4 auperbike, is around $80,000

I wouldn't expect the aprillia to go for anywhere near $18,000.......

Ducatis' Desmocedecci RR, a 200 HP V4 auperbike, is around $80,000

I wouldn't expect the aprillia to go for anywhere near $18,000.......

I think I saw the Aprilia RSV4 priced at $36k on a site somewhere. Not sure if it was quoted in USD but if so it's cheaper than I was expecting.

Back