Ive Got 18000 bucks to spend on a new bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
I want you all to help me out in deciding what bike to buy...

Not a cheap bike combined with a lot of mods totaling 18000...no....i want your suggestions on what i should spend that dough on that i can ride out of the store with.......

give me your lists in order of preference please...:eusa_dance:

hmmm.... lemme see..

- a gold-plated Fortune Cookie? :moped:

- an overpriced Harley?

- an Italian thoroughbred?

- a German pig?

That's a lot of bike you can get for 18k - was that Canadian $?

Considering its on this forum .... need i say more .

An 09 Vmax of course :punk:

I agree except up here in Canada $18k won't get you an 09. It will be more like 20 or 21k out the door! :bang head:

If it were me I would take a serious look at the new '09 GSXR1000's that are due out in March I believe. It would have an aftermarket exhaust installed along with some dyno tuning to compensate for the new pipes soon after she was broken in though (imo the oem cans are just plain ugly).

I already have a cosmetically modded gen1 Max as my cruiser so I am looking for something a little faster to stable next to it for those wild hair days! :biglaugh:

What about BMW KxxxxS or R ? Good all rounder. Plenty of go. German Tech.

I want you all to help me out in deciding what bike to buy...

Not a cheap bike combined with a lot of mods totaling 18000...no....i want your suggestions on what i should spend that dough on that i can ride out of the store with.......

give me your lists in order of preference please...:eusa_dance:

What are you leaning towards RJ? What's your preference?

Cruiser type, crotch burner, classic?

Or just SOME bike that costs $18K?

Redbone is for sale for $18k by the way! :punk: I'll even deliver it!:eusa_dance:

Wait for it....

Wait...

:rofl_200::rofl_200:
There it is!

How about this guy? Sporting a V4 and between 180-220 hp (depending on configuration) Aprilia's RSV4 might turn a few heads and stretch your arms. Oh, and it weighs about 400 lbs.

rsv+4+8.jpg

The Streetfighter S is one helluva bike for sure!!! One of two non-Vmax bikes I would love to own, the other being a Triumph Speed Triple.

cheers to that man, fuckin cheers! the next bike i buy would probably be like a early 2000's speed triple. gorgeous bikes!

i'd love to get a '09 or '10 vmax in a couple yrs but i could probably get 3 speed triples for the price!

How about this guy? Sporting a V4 and between 180-220 hp (depending on configuration) Aprilia's RSV4 might turn a few heads and stretch your arms. Oh, and it weighs about 400 lbs.

rsv+4+8.jpg

I second this nomination. That is one sweet looking ride.

But seriously dude, if you have 18k to mess with then go invest it. The worlds stock markets are on SALE. There are stocks you couldnt touch 6 months ago that are now worth less then half. These are big companies that arent going to go anywhere, they have just taken a beating and followed the rest of the market. It is like the DOT.COM boom in the 80s & 90s. Find a reputable broker and turn the 18k into 180k. Then buy all the god damn bikes you want. IMHO
Cheers

I second this nomination. That is one sweet looking ride.

But seriously dude, if you have 18k to mess with then go invest it. The worlds stock markets are on SALE. There are stocks you couldnt touch 6 months ago that are now worth less then half. These are big companies that arent going to go anywhere, they have just taken a beating and followed the rest of the market. It is like the DOT.COM boom in the 80s & 90s. Find a reputable broker and turn the 18k into 180k. Then buy all the god damn bikes you want. IMHO
Cheers

not a bad idea either ragingman. i made 40% off of ford in 2 weeks a week ago...

If I had $18,000 to spend it would be on a Victory Hammer.

Cheers

Now THERE's some damn good advice.

There's blood on the floor man, if you got $'s a depreciable item might not be the way to go!

It's bargain basement time in the brokerage houses!! Lots of opportunity!

Drive to the states and get an 09 max. Call it used when you get home to register it. Should be able to find a vendor to sell one for $16,000 give or take. You could always get someone else to buy it and resell it to you so you can officially call it used. Heck, I bet I could see if I can arrange something like that. Would be a long ass drive though and you would at least have to let me ride it around the block for you.

Sean

I agree with the investment idea. I pulled some stalled investments last year and payed cash for my '07. Talk about a good feeling, new bike, no lien holder, all payed for and still had some money to transfer over to a IRA.

For what they say, there are a few good investments out there.

Back