Jetting for UFO 4 into 2 exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctshooter

Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering what everyone is running for Stage One jetting with these pipes. Sound awesome! Jon at UFO says to use 165's and put the clip in the middle notch then turn out the adjustments to 2.5 turns. Why does Dynojet say to use 170's for the mains? Reason I'm asking is because the bike doesn't seem to have the snap it had with the stock exhaust and was wondering if it is because of the jet size. Plugs are a nice tan in color. The bike is all stock and seems to run smooth thru to redline, just doesn't seem to pull that hard when you nail it in third gear. The v-boost is really pronounced in gears 1st and 2nd, but 3rd and up it seems lame. Is this normal? Any ideas to try? Still waiting on a return call from Jon after 3 attempts. :confused2:

Jon "said" to use...you spoke to him?? Good luck waiting for his "repsonse":rofl_200:

:whistlin::whistlin::thumbs up::rofl_200: Now you know Jon and what to expect from him... Just don't expect good customer service...

Maleko can help you out... Wait for it... Wait for it...

I would leave it stock and see how it runs.

So you have stage 1 needles at 3rd clip and DJ165 mains in there now? Did you drill your slides or are you using shorter slide springs? It's possible that slides are opening too quickly and are going rich but more on that later.

Try stock needles and stock 152.5 mains and let us know how it runs. If your WOT acceleration is stong from 7500 rpms to redline then leave that main in. Next, do the needle position test as outlined here: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1024

If you find your needle is too rich then you'll have to swap to the stage 1 needles since they're adjustable.

Mark

Yes, I'm using the shorter springs and drilled my slides as Dynojet recommends and using 165 mains and the Dynojet stage one needles postioned on the 3rd clip. Unfortunately, I should've ran the pipes with stock setup first and see how they work, but in waiting for my pipes to be done, 2 weeks later!, I decided to do the carb work so all will be able to rock and roll when the pipes came in. I also figured that Jon knew what he was talking about and that it would be a quick and easy transfer. Thanks for the advice. Will go back to stock stuff in the carbs and see what happens.

That is because you loose in the bottom and mid with that design. I had a modified air box,stage one with trapps 123 HP 81 torque then went to a kerker4-1 rejet 125HP 82 torque, basically felt the same, had more on top with kerker, then went to a ufo, rejet and lost in the bottom and mid I dint dyno it because I felt the loss and regret. Jon says his produces the most power. You can get high HP numbers in the top, but you loose in the bottom and mid. Ask Gainey, hes dynoed them all, Better buy his vgas.

So is there any aftermarket pipe that does it all? Or, are we sacrificing power to have the great sound?

A properly tuned stock system is very hard to beat.

Mark

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm going to try the carb setup procedure that Maleko89 recommended and see what I get. I"ll post the results. Who is Gainey and how do I contact him?

Back