K&N's OPEN VS Airbox Style

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're not running stage 7 then you CAN'T run anything but a stock box. Check out Sean Morley's kit. It's the best of both worlds.

You'll have to at least run air correctors in the carbs to run the single pod style filters.

Chris

What Chris said is true. If you are going to change to Stg 7. The difference between the open vs. the airbox is very noticeable due to the fact that the bike needs the extra air for proper fuel mixture. Seans kit is an excellent setup from what I have heard, as it offers a different power curve than the open style. I have only been caught in the rain a few times and have noticed no interference with rain getting in. Hope this help some. Thanks, Roy

If you're not running stage 7 then you CAN'T run anything but a stock box. Check out Sean Morley's kit. It's the best of both worlds.

You'll have to at least run air correctors in the carbs to run the single pod style filters.

Chris

Chris
What do you mean by air correctors.

they are little plugs that go in the top of the carbs. not sure exactly what they do. seans kit and stg7's come w/'em.

i imagine they have to do with the pilot air circuit as we are now getting so much more air.

They reduce the size of the main air jet thus richening the main circuit up. The bike will run like shit w/o 'em. Sean's kit has 'em too but not sure if they are required.

They reduce the size of the main air jet thus richening the main circuit up. The bike will run like shit w/o 'em. Sean's kit has 'em too but not sure if they are required.

+1 to that one Mark!! Knew a guy who swore he could tune a Max with pods and no correctors...... He got rid of his Max shortly thereafter LOL!!

do the correctors have anything to do with the pilot circuit i altered mine and the main jet area is good but at crusing i think that it goes way lean as the bike runs that away tried 45 pj to try to correct it but no avail mabie clogged piolet orafice somewhere. any help

Back