Kerker mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
I have played around with my kerker today, I was thinking about the competition baffle etc but it costs a few $ by the time it gets here in NZ.

I had already removed the baffle material previously but it still wasn't as loud as I thought it could be. so today I removed the baffle tube and end cap to have another look. It's crazy loud with nothing in there at all btw.
I machined a new end cap with larger opening and no baffle tube and tried that.
Shit that's still loud lol. So I wrapped a baffle sheet (one) around some stainless steel mesh with one sheet and I'm happy with it being how I want it.

The cap works so I'll drill and tap the 3 holes to secure it and finish it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEHdr_7HdpY

Attachments

• 002 (Medium).jpg
    002 (Medium).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 48
Sounds like a comp baffle... lol

I like your end cap better than OEM too... You should sell them!

Chris

Man, that sounds fantastic. I modded mine as I had the same core as you. I used a length of 2" automotive pipe and flared the forward end so it somewhat seals when pushed into place. I drilled 16 staggered rows of 9 holes in the length of pipe and bent them into the flow with a round screw driver, just to break up the otherwise straight pipe. I installed 3/4 of the original packing and used the standard end cap. It made a deeper more mellow tone that's quiet at idle but rumbles pretty good when the RPM comes up...

I thought I had some better pictures somewhere but this will get the point across about what I have done... I really like yours, much more professionally done. Mine cost under $10.00 and an hour or 2...

Attachments

• Stock and start of 2 inch baffle plus end cap.jpg
    Stock and start of 2 inch baffle plus end cap.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back