Larger Fuel Tank For The Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: fuel tank

Yep and here's the link to replace your exsisting tank. There are others that convert the tank cover into a tank, look at this one. None of them are cheap. There may be others, these are just what I have seen.

Last edited:

I believe I read somewhere that you can't run a radial tire with the tank or maybe it was the braced swingarm...:ummm:

wow they are 671 dollars.a bit more then I wanted to spend.I also want to get a 17 inch back rim and radial tires.and I don't want to run into a problem with clearence

Bigger fuel tank shouldn't be necessary unless you have a bigger engine and/or carbs.

Mark

Bigger fuel tank shouldn't be necessary unless you have a bigger engine and/or carbs.

Mark

when you only get 110 miles out of a tank it kinda sucks.that means if I ride it 2 work I have to fill it every other day

how much fuel is in the reserve? and how far can you go on it?

how much fuel is in the reserve? and how far can you go on it?

Thats a "loaded" question. There is .8 gal in reserve. How far depends on your fuel mileage. I get over 40 mpg so 120 to the light and another 30 on reserve.

There are a lot of options for larger tanks and you could even have yours welded up to make it larger but be careful to only enlarge certain areas since you may not be able to get it back in (or out) or even put on your side covers.

Sean Morley

My fuel light comes on at 115 to 120 miles at the earliest. It comes on with
.8 - 1 gallons of fuel left and I get at least 30-35 miles of reserve.

Mark

Right now with 1600 miles on the bike I am getting 32mpg with an 18" radial rear wheel so gearing is a little higher I believe...

It was 30 so it is getting better with miles...:clapping:

For that price - I'd keep it stock, and just stop for gas when it gets low..

fuel tank

does anybody know if there is a larger fuel tank than the measley 4 gallon stock tank? i get about 100 miles out of the stock and would like to ride for a longer stretch before refueling. thanks for any replies

There is a 5 gallon tank from Evo-tech BRM. Some guy just sold this on ebay about a month ago for about half the price of new.

Latest posts

Back