led turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to use the Zero 11's for the front as soon as I figure out a running light setup that I like.
I am currently running the aluminum incandescent bulbs.

One solution for front flasher with only two wires LED (or one intensity LED) is to make it blink (flasher) with a 12vlt micro-relay.
That way the LED is on steady (all the time) and when flasher is activated the micro-relay turn the LED off
There is your front flasher with two wires LED
Ps.; my micro-relay are 3M stick in the headlight cage

so is it correct to assume that changing the flasher relay alone to a LED specific relay did nothing to affect blink rate?

kenom that is correct. i changed the flasher a long time ago to fix the fast blink but when i changed all lights to LED without the resistors, all lights flash at the same time.

Here are a pictures of my aluminum turn signals (smoked lenses) that I had P/C'd gloss black. These are the same units that Sean and other offer.

so redbone does your front still work as driving lights?

thanks,
sid

kenom that is correct. i changed the flasher a long time ago to fix the fast blink but when i changed all lights to LED without the resistors, all lights flash at the same time.

well, the all lights flashing issue is a completely different issue and requires the Diode mod in the instrument cluster to fix that. I'm curious if I have to install a load resistor in conjunction with the flasher relay to fix the fast blink issue. I can't see the point in installing the load resistors AND the flasher relay.

My mod is flashing a bit fast, and both the signals flashed when I turned on the right, so I did the diode mod and it solved the all signals flashing at once issue, but the flash rate is still pretty fast. I'm not overly concerned about it, but it's supposed to flash at the slower rate and that's teh way I want it.

I'm curious if I have to install a load resistor in conjunction with the flasher relay to fix the fast blink issue. I can't see the point in installing the load resistors AND the flasher relay.

Either one works. As you say, there is no point in using both. I went with a new elfr. You lose the self cancel function with the new relay though.

What self canceling feature? Or rather I should say, mine doesn't self cancel or I'm doing something wrong and it's a stock relay.

On another note, HOLY FREAKING CRAP THOSE STOCK RELAYS ARE EXPENSIVE!

Last edited:
One solution for front flasher with only two wires LED (or one intensity LED) is to make it blink (flasher) with a 12vlt micro-relay.
That way the LED is on steady (all the time) and when flasher is activated the micro-relay turn the LED off
There is your front flasher with two wires LED
Ps.; my micro-relay are 3M stick in the headlight cage
I am thinking of running a seperate LED setup for my running lights. (amber leds around headlight, for example)
I haven't had anytime to work on/ think about anything bike related recently...clearing my lot for a garage, dealing with my sisters dog that I'm going to keep, and working on finishing other projects around the house so I have just try to sneak a ride in whenever I can.

Back