Let me see your lighting mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of you lighting mods you have done. I am thinking of going with a monstermax taillight, with some small LED turn signals front and rear. Not sure on the headlight yet. I wanted to see what you have done before or I order anything and regret it later. Thanks for your help.

browse the User Mod section. you'll find all kinds of lighting mods--from headlights to taillights, LEDs to HIDs. Here's a few of my more favorite ones that i did. Tell your monkey that mine says "Hi"

Releasing the Inner Beast cost $0
Integrated CBR LED Tail Light (somewhere towards the end you'll find a youtube vid of the mod in action) cost $65
Bright Gauges (there's a couple of threads on this topic, one by the originator, and another on how-to. in one of them i collocated all the different colors into one post) cost $15
Instrument Panel Dual Turn LEDs (TURN signal light for both directions, left and right) $5

{edit}added some hyperlinks {/edit}

Some tail light ideas in here http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7027&highlight=tail+light+options

I'm fond of the Vrod headlight myself. Seems like it fits the bike well. IMO anyways.

Tons of options on LED signals. Buy a set that you like the looks of. I bought some mid priced ones from eBay and am happy with them. You can spend anywhere from $15 to 150 on a set of signals. Note that most all LEDs will take some additional work to make them flash. There are quite a few threads here that give different options on how to do that.

Make your own headlight
IMAG0293.jpg

Hey fellas, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of you lighting mods you have done. I am thinking of going with a monstermax taillight, with some small LED turn signals front and rear. Not sure on the headlight yet. I wanted to see what you have done before or I order anything and regret it later. Thanks for your help.

Have a look at the Oberon led turn signals. By far the brightest I've seen. They're not cheap though!

Dale #2592

I run a big headlight with the 85-100 watt H4 bulb so it has a ballast in the headlight shell. Additionally I have the Piaa driving lights on a custom bracket but am currently changing the bracket. Very bright, nice white light not that blue crap. I am confident riding at night at speed with this setup.
c6e4ebce-0511-bc05.jpg
c6e4ebce-0532-0a07.jpg
c6e4ebce-0549-54a9.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I run a big headlight with the 85-100 watt H4 bulb so it has a ballast in the headlight shell. Additionally I have the Piaa driving lights on a custom bracket but am currently changing the bracket. Very bright, nice white light not that blue crap. I am confident riding at night at speed with this setup.
c6e4ebce-0511-bc05.jpg
c6e4ebce-0532-0a07.jpg
c6e4ebce-0549-54a9.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!
I installed a Hella 7"conversion headlight, but with a stock 55/60 watt bulb, it sucks for light output. What brand of 85-100 watt bulb do you use?
Thanks in advance, Miles

I installed a Hella 7"conversion headlight, but with a stock 55/60 watt bulb, it sucks for light output. What brand of 85-100 watt bulb do you use?
Thanks in advance, Miles
Nothing will give you better light output like a 35watt or a 55watt HID

Work in progress. Don't have any pics of the rears yet.

Attachments

• 20110924_010.jpg
    20110924_010.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20111208_002.jpg
    20111208_002.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 59
Twin 6" Hella housings with DDMTuning's 35W HID's. Slim ballasts under the left scoop.
funny you should post this. i've been seriously considering something like this. it's effin crazy sick lookin:punk:either that or stay somewhat 'ol skool with a 7" round. dunno which direction to go just yet.

funny you should post this. i've been seriously considering something like this. it's effin crazy sick lookin:punk:either that or stay somewhat 'ol skool with a 7" round. dunno which direction to go just yet.

the stock 5 3/4th inch headlight is more than adequate with a 35watt or a 55watt HID. The hella FF75 are also nice, I have the oval ones hella FF50 with two 35watt HID from DDTuning and they are very bright but the stock headlight with 55 watt HID produces better light distribution & reach.

the stock 5 3/4th inch headlight is more than adequate with a 35watt or a 55watt HID. The hella FF75 are also nice, I have the oval ones hella FF50 with two 35watt HID from DDTuning and they are very bright but the stock headlight with 55 watt HID produces better light distribution & reach.

the stock round ain't cuttin it for me, cosmetically speaking. yes light distribution is important...i suppose. since it's in the dark i guess functionally speaking, it really doesn't matter what anyone puts on the bike.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Bazooka-LED-flashlight.jpg

the stock round ain't cuttin it for me, cosmetically speaking. yes light distribution is important...i suppose. since it's in the dark i guess functionally speaking, it really doesn't matter what anyone puts on the bike.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Bazooka-LED-flashlight.jpg

The link doesn't work, I am in the process of trying DDTuning super bright LEDs for running lights & will keep the 55watt HID with the modified stock headlight, the 7 inch is too big for my taste.

I'm gonna put some HID in the projector headlight I have.
Expecting very good results, much better than HID + reflector housing.

this is SUPERCOOL!!! :clapping::worthy:

The screen above it doesn't match though, trying to think of something to replace it with - maybe the front section of a WW2 helmet :confused2:

Then I'll have to repaint the bike a deep olive green, or maybe digital camo :ummm:

Back