Load of new Honda's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Three "all new" models from Honda for 2013. To me the highlight is the Goldwing bagger....they actually managed to make a Wing "cool", especially in black. All for a cool $20k.
nouveaute-2013-honda-goldwing-f6b-profil.jpg

There's also the modern-throwback to the CB750, now a CB1140 but looks like everything else is pretty much the same. EFI is pretty much the only concession to the 21st century, otherwise you get dual rear shocks, air-cooled motor, a conventional fork, small gas tank, spark plug wires, and chrome fenders like you did in the 60s. This comes in right at $10k, or $11k if you want ABS. Looks like it comes in black, red, or white.

CB1100_Castlemaine_16.jpg

And to keep with Honda's "practical and sensible" side, there's a new CB500. It's the motorcycle equivalent of a Civic. Competent, but hopelessly boring. All the personality of a refrigerator. Just hums along, doing it's job. Comes in a "F" general-purpose model, and an "X" with a few tweaks for the adv-tour market. The upside is it's only $5,500, so I guess it fills a slot for "middleweight standard".

honda_cb500fx_e_cbr500r_2013_10626.jpg

This makes my dick hard.

Fuel injected CB1100. Good for Honda in bringing in a mid-weight cruiser and not riding out it's weird decision to go with factory choppers as their only option. I really don't know wtf they were thinking with their 2012 US line-up.

Looking forward to seeing what top speeds and 1/4 mile times are posted with high hopes they're not dreadfully under powered. The Shadow RS from recent years looks so good but it's crippled in the wheelhouse. My hopes and dreams of a new v4 superbike with fuel injection and a midsize engine and frame get ever closer. I really hope it sells well. It's kind of weird that they went air-cooled but I guess that's part of the retro design.

Ra - you can easily re-host any images at http://imgur.com/ - no sign up and you can just copy/paste the links to other images right in. That will allow the images to show.

Goldwing bagger.... prompted by these?

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?211452-Upper-trunk-removed&highlight=trunk+removed

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?165315-Trunk-eliminator&highlight=trunk+removed

The blacked out one in the second link was the first guy to go public with it. That was at least three years ago. He made a kit that included wiring and everything so he could put on the case and swap in a windshield and go out on the road. I would buy the bagger if hit had an option like the yellow one in the first link.

That CB1100 is only rated at about 80 RWP, probably wouldn't even lift the front wheel off the ground, will be lucky to break 12 seconds in the quarter mile. I think they missed big time with that one, they had a better bike in the mid 90's with the CB1000 "Big One". That bike is 10 times better than this new CB! FAIL!

CB1000SF%20(2).jpg

Kudos to Honda on the CB1100. To me, it looks sharp. Retro, but sharp. While I'm sure there's a lot of people that will jump on a Honda/Harley-looking bagger, that one does ABSOFREAKINGNOTHING for me. Maybe it'll grow on me over time. But, if you are going for a big, plastic Honda to pack stuff into and travel, why would you want one without that rear top box? Not to mention that now Momma won't have a back rest to get up against.

I was excited about the 500s for a commuter bike, I'll hang my head in shame lol.

That CB1100 is only rated at about 80 RWP, probably wouldn't even lift the front wheel off the ground, will be lucky to break 12 seconds in the quarter mile.

That is sooooo disappointing :(

I'm holding out for the official times and hoping for a surprise. Maybe we'll see some magic in the weight/hp/torque ratios.

I'm not holding my breath though.

That is sooooo disappointing :(

I'm holding out for the official times and hoping for a surprise. Maybe we'll see some magic in the weight/hp/torque ratios.

I'm not holding my breath though.
there's already a review of it on motorcycle.com, said it's tame.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Well... my dreams of a new Magna or Sabre continue.

Why does Honda under power their standards? Kawasaki didn't do that to the Ninja 1000 or any of their standards. Even Yamaha kept some power in the FZ1. The Suzuki Bandit is only slightly underpowered. I love the look of the new Honda CB1100 but won't buy a 80 hp big bore bike. Every Honda standard for years has been under powered no matter what displacement. :bang head:

Why does Honda under power their standards? Kawasaki didn't do that to the Ninja 1000 or any of their standards. Even Yamaha kept some power in the FZ1. The Suzuki Bandit is only slightly underpowered. I love the look of the new Honda CB1100 but won't buy a 80 hp big bore bike. Every Honda standard for years has been under powered no matter what displacement. :bang head:

They do have the CB1000R which makes around 125 I believe.

honda-cb1000r-005.JPG

Just dropped a pic in my above post... standard/naked...

OK, wasn't familiar with that model. Thanks for the pic. However, I still prefer the retro look and practically. Can make a standard into anything with proper accessories, like racks, bags, windshields, etc. Hard to do with the sport styling. Guess I am old school... :biglaugh:

OK, wasn't familiar with that model. Thanks for the pic. However, I still prefer the retro look and practically. Can make a standard into anything with proper accessories, like racks, bags, windshields, etc. Hard to do with the sport styling. Guess I am old school... :biglaugh:

iirc they released it after seeing how the z1000 was doing, to compete with it.

from what i've read its not as ballsy as the z1000 but its just so smooth and powerful.

guy was selling a 2010 ( i believe) out here earlier this year with like 6k miles for $6k. woulda been a sweet deal.

iirc they released it after seeing how the z1000 was doing, to compete with it.

from what i've read its not as ballsy as the z1000 but its just so smooth and powerful.

guy was selling a 2010 ( i believe) out hear earlier this year with like 6k miles for $6k. woulda been a sweet deal.

That and the 599 and 919 Hornet's were ready for an update. I do like this bike and the z1000 for sure.

The last REAL new/sport bike Honda made was the RC51...sad but true...:confused2:

That CB1000SF looks just like a re-badged ZRX Eddie Lawson model...:bang head:

The people that will buy the CB1100 aren't looking for a speed demon, they want something that feels and drives to match what it looks like. 80ish hp is plenty to accomplish that, bet with the big bore it has pretty strong torque since the power is just so-so. What did the CB750 have back then, like 65 or something? But this has more torque and the advantage of EFI. I can see the market for it, but this is kind of the first deliberately "retro" bike from a major manufacturer. Interesting to see if it sells.

Harley's aren't "retro" because they never went away in the first place. They're just recycled.

That fork looks pretty skinny....the trip down memory lane wouldn't be complete without some speed wobbles, would it?

Back