Looking at buying an FZ-8, Thoughts???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I know should be getting a Gen II but with the price, weight and health I'm just not up for that...
I test rode the VMax and FZ-8 back to back and was way more at ease on the lighter bike. Power
seemed to be very good on it.

Now the problem is to find a dealer who will deal. First quote from here in town was $9403.67 OTD
for a 2011. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:That was here at Barney's. I've tried to deal with them for the past 44
years, You'd think they would learn...

Give me some thoughts price wise... List on the 2011 is $8490.00. Lakeland shows 6999.99 but
I'm not sure of the add ons to that. I'll be going to 5 dealers to start. In the Tampa Bay area and
Lakeland...

I think I should be able to get an 11 OTD for $8490.00 or less and not be hurting the dealer... Am
I asking too much???

Thanx

The FZ-8 is an awesome bike. Last year a dealer offered me 2 brand new in the crate in a straight up trade for Toxic. In retrospect a pretty sweet deal, but not good enough.:punk:

Yes Kyle, Please check em out. No trade, Cash or Probably Finance part, 3 years @3.99 or whatever they have going on.
I have a Rinky Dink Factory Discount Ticket too....:ummm:

Jim, it would take 4 or more to be a good enough trade for Toxic. Sell 3, 1 to me. Put scoops on the other and call it Lil Max.:confused2::clapping:

5T25U65R53n33m53ofbasa7286d901abb185e.jpg
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/2673086465.html
http://images.craigslist.org/5T25U65R53n33m53ofbasa7286d901abb185e.jpg
2010 Yamaha FZ1 850 Miles - $8000 (Palm Beach Gardens)

Date: 2011-10-28, 9:31AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

2010 Yamaha FZ1 with 850 miles. Garage kept and is in Show Room condition. No scratches, dents and has never been laid down. Black exterior with Gold rims. If your looking for a great bike with low miles this one is for you. $8000 Firm. Contact Jack @ 561-313-3944. Serious Inquires only!
PostingID: 2673086465

Damn, it appears they hold value well. For $1,200.00 over the 8K, I'd just buy it new. I haven't even pressed for a deal yet..
Haven't had any salesmen in tears.. That's half the fun of vehicle shopping... :rofl_200:

Tell Kyle to look at the used bikes i just posted.

They are in the for sale-motorcycles section, I didn't mean these FZ-1's. A V65 & 1100cc Gold Wing, $800.

Last edited:
Kyle found me one FZ-8, new OTD in the range I'm looking for...
I'm calling as soon as I get our Thursday Night Drag Race Video's up....
Can't stop, might loose them... Oh No..

:confused2::ummm::confused2::ummm:$X,XXX.XX OTD ( So cheap, the selling dealer made me promise I'd sensor the price ). Sorry Kyle, not at Cahill's Tampa. I had feelers out and a Dealership Co-Owner called me back with this unbelievable price... I called Mark Ridgeway back to tell him someone beat his price and he was amazed anyone could. He told me that I got a price of near dealer cost....

Last edited:
OK, I'm a Post Whore but I can't wait any longer for someone to post back on this thread. So, I'm answering myself. :confused2:
I've had my new "Fizzy 8" (Only Way I can remember FZ), FZ-8 home since 4:30 and took the pictures so I could post them... :clapping:

One of my close riding buddies bought a mint 2005 R1 today too. Neither of us knew... Weird and both on Holloween.

Attachments

• FZ8 0.jpg
    FZ8 0.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 31
  • FZ8 1.jpg
    FZ8 1.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 24
  • FZ8 2.jpg
    FZ8 2.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 24
Dave, you went from thinking about getting a FZ-8 to getting a killer deal and owning one in record time. Congrats! It looks sweet. Now we need a ride report and video!

Thanx for the kind words guys.. It's what was at one time supposed to be the Mini VMax I guess. Then Yamaha decided
to use an inline 4... So far, I'm lovin the 6 speed. Compared to the VMax's this feels like a bicycle...:rofl_200:

I'm still learning new things. My buddy Earl had to show me the storage compartment and tool kit last night. He bought a
Mint condition FZ-1 yesterday. $3900.00 with 10k adult miles in it.. Kyle, Earl will be talkin to you about new tires soon...

Sure nice to have fuel injection and not have to guess where to set the choke. Turn the key, poke the starter button and
the bike does the rest.

I had a FZ1 for a while and it was a great bike; then i ran into this 2001 vmax, its a pure attention getter.....I looked at a FZ8 yesterday and there is no way i would give up my vmax for one...but they look good.....

I'll eventually give up one of the VMax's for this FZ. But I'll still have one Max... Sorry, been out riding and not here responding....:rofl_200:
Did I mention how much I like this little bike??????????? Wife says it's gotta have a name, I say it's gotta be something to do with
Halloween since that's when it was bought...

Back