• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some extra cash coming, in a few days. I'm going to pull the trigger on them, I think them 2 finger ones will fit my big hands well.

I have the DD clutch and would do the long ones over short. I'm in for a set myself once I hear final confirmation.

Mike

I've already got a tracking number!

This evening, from one of my old XS11's, I sold 4 pistons w/connecting rods, oil pan, cams and some engine covers that were all media blasted.

I pulled the trigger on a pair of 2 fingers, in the color of red.

This evening, from one of my old XS11's, I sold 4 pistons w/connecting rods, oil pan, cams and some engine covers that were all media blasted.

I pulled the trigger on a pair of 2 fingers, in the color of red.

Cool. Heres hoping we haven't wasted our money!

if you look on the sight the top 3 pairs dont look like they will fit earlier year maxs. and also i dont see a spot on the brake lever to set the spring.?? sooo idk about these.

Looking forward to see how these look, I think I may want the long folding b/c I have stock masters and DD mod, although the shorties look the best IMO.

Looking forward to see how these look, I think I may want the long folding b/c I have stock masters and DD mod, although the shorties look the best IMO.

Im with you there Brian....We shall see in April when KJ gets his pair to review for us.

Mike

if you look on the sight the top 3 pairs dont look like they will fit earlier year maxs. and also i dont see a spot on the brake lever to set the spring.?? sooo idk about these.

The pictures are stock photos for the ad.
Go back to page three and comment #28, on this thread, for pictures. I put one of my levers along side and it lines up pretty damn close.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 45
Delivery time = 4.5 days
Quality = good
Fit = good
Finish = good
Feel = much better than stock
Cost = $60
The brake spring doesn't fit. It isn't a problem.

I wholeheartedly endorse this product or event. :punk:
(And I can't wait to go for a ride)

I bought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251006820844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They sell the same brake rotors that I have too http://stores.ebay.com.au/82MOTO/_i.html?_nkw=v-max&submit=Search&_sid=1005139409

great info thanks. now is the brake spring not an issue since the spring was there to make sure any slack in the adjustment screw was taken out. I assume these new levers don't use any adjustment there anymore?

great info thanks. now is the brake spring not an issue since the spring was there to make sure any slack in the adjustment screw was taken out. I assume these new levers don't use any adjustment there anymore?

The spring just pushes it away from the piston/plunger/rod, and further from the bars.
Without the spring, there is no slack. You can pull the lever further forward, the slack is on the other side. It just works directly on the plunger.
Seems OK. In fact, it feels good.
And there is no adjustment now.

is there any freeplay in the lever until it hits the plunger?

Nice going guys.......Now I ordered a set :bang head:

this stuff is highly contagious!!

SUCKED IN! :rofl_200:

The condition seems to be getting worse with me. I wonder how much money the bank can lend me. :ummm:

Not really. I'll let you know if it still feels nice after some rides. ;-)

thats good enough for me. they're for my brother as a surprise. i'm not sure if he wants the long/short ones so i'm going to get the adjustable ones. I will be bidding, so if anyone else is going to as well let me know so we're not competing against each other eh?

Latest posts

Back