Made a couple of passes today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Went down to Martin 131 today with Leecifer and my neighbor Joe, tho I had made hundreds of passes in my car over the years this was my 1st run on a bike, drove around the water box with no burnout and did a quick dry hop sending the front wheel a couple of feet in the air!...........This track was sticky today and now my confidence is shaken, I carefully staged and soft launched to a [email protected] with a 2.12 60ft........Made another attempt but shifted into neutral and blew that run.......:bang head:...................on the 3rd pass it went [email protected] with a 2.05 60ft, it's got high 11s there but I need to work on my launch technique and get the 60ft times down some..............Had a great time!............Didn't fall off the bike or break anything!...............:eusa_dance:..............Tom.

That is really cool. get a strap and get your launch down a bit better and you will easily be in the 11's.

That's not bad for a fist timer! You had fun, nothing went wrong or broke, sounds like a perfect day to me :punk:

Had a great time!............Didn't fall off the bike or break anything!...............:eusa_dance:..............Tom.

Thats what counts! :punk:

When I was still racing my dragbike, I looked around at some of the other bikes. There was a kid on a 650 maxim, who was running at every event he could. Definately wasn't the fastest out there (several street cars were faster) but you couldn't take away the smile on his face. He was loving every bit of it. To me thats what it's about.

With more seat time, you'll get quicker and more consistant.

There was a guy up here who won several events with his 13 sec camero. He just left it in drive and ran high 13's every time like a robot.

Good job Tom. How did lee do. Thanks for not making me feel bad. But next time let me know so i can watch. Or maybe show you how to get into the 11's. Ha Ha. You know if i was at the track i would have smacked talked an 11 out of you. LOL. I know. At least your bike run's and move's. I got the vmax palace all set up today. Heat and everything. Old D has been doing a great job at working the hell out of me and the paycheck's are building mod money. Clutch is first on the list.

Good job Tom! :punk: I have never ran Redbone, or any vehicle on a real track so I'd be waaay slower than you!
I'll try it one day but need to get my motor running in tip top shape first, but I guess I have 6 months upcoming to get it right.

Way Cool. I'd be happy to see the low 12's. Don't know that I'll ever run at a strip though....

Hey Tom, I bet if I set my narrow ass on your bike and launched it you would be in the mid to high 11's :rofl_200:

My mph was the same both runs which tells me it's not going any faster in it's current configuration, not bad for a stock bike with no special tune and last years plugs, I tried to weigh on the scales but they were not in operation, I'm guessing the total weight around 850lbs, I would like to see 2Fear and Wildman98 make a run or two with me and see what they would run!....................:punk:

Good job Tom! Good runs for a "newbie" on a stock bike. :eusa_dance: Hope we can get a few rides in next season. Oh yea, next time I make the "dam tour" I'll call ya first!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Those are good times to be just starting to drag race on a stock Max . At what rpm are you launching ? :punk:

I didn't even look at the tach, self preservation was in mind so I'm guessing 3K or so...................Tom.

Tom your run calculate's 113hp at flywheel and 94hp at rear wheel. We know that your bike stays with my bike. And my dyno run showed 116hp at rear wheel. So you still need to put 22hp down the track. Or you are not telling the truth about your weight. LOL.

My mph was the same both runs which tells me it's not going any faster in it's current configuration, not bad for a stock bike with no special tune and last years plugs, I tried to weigh on the scales but they were not in operation, I'm guessing the total weight around 850lbs, I would like to see 2Fear and Wildman98 make a run or two with me and see what they would run!....................:punk:
:confused2: tom i would prob run 14s:biglaugh:

Good job Tom. How did lee do. Thanks for not making me feel bad. But next time let me know so i can watch. Or maybe show you how to get into the 11's. Ha Ha. You know if i was at the track i would have smacked talked an 11 out of you. LOL. I know. At least your bike run's and move's. I got the vmax palace all set up today. Heat and everything. Old D has been doing a great job at working the hell out of me and the paycheck's are building mod money. Clutch is first on the list.

I didn't run, my helmet isn't legal,
plus I figure I should get my cycle indorsment before I start drag racing. Maybe. :biglaugh:

Thats funny lee. Breaking the law. Ya but head get your indorsment.

Launch is EVERYTHING on these bikes, strap the front end down and get alot of forward lean (tits on the tank) and then you have to slip the clutch... getting off the clutch too aggressively will only make you wheelie and slow you down, basically you want to feel like your front tire is just "skipping" over the pavement.. It's hard on the clutch so I'd recommend the DD and depending what year it is you might as well update the shift segment while your there.. I have a couple video's in my thread (raced my 94 last night) that will help you with your launch, watch the vids toward the end of the thread cause that's where I'm really learning. The most important thing to remember is to have fun! I've never left the track with a frown on my face, let's hope that luck continues :eusa_dance:

I know I need lots of practice at the tree, I went down there just to get a feel for things and did not have any expectations of stellar et times, I did have a lot of fun and will do it again next year!..........Maybe we could hook up for a track session next season and work on my launch, watching someone else race a Max would be helpfull to me too............I'm going to leave the clutch stock for now hoping it will be the weak link and save the rest of the drivetrain, I believe my shift segment is ok, it's mostly just operator error...................:biglaugh:................Tom.

Back