March Motor Cyclist Magizine V-Max vs B-King

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shit.....There is no saying that the 09max is the 85.....The 85 Blowed everything off the road.Hands down no comparo...I personaly was expecting the same thing when the 09 came out.I think most of us were.And if we didn't all love the (all around Vmax attitude)thing that we can't define.Then everyone would be pissed and voice it.We all know that they could have matched the 85 no comparo if they wanted to.But with yamaha being pussies and politics...They punked out.With some luck and with after market mods it will.But at 17,000 plus 2,000 to 3,000 in aftermarket goods to make it go like it should have in the first place....This B-King looks better everyday.Don't get me wrong,I love the Max.All of them.Old and new and I will someday own a 09 or 10 Max.Just because I love the Max that much.I'm just not that happy with Yamaha punk asses right now.

http://www.rf-biketech.de/cgi-bin/contray/contray.cgi?DATA=&ID=000019&GROUP=010

This B-king has right at 190HP at the wheel.
B-King-3.jpg

Looks great, job well done.:clapping: Do you ride that Y2K that is your avatar? thats has to be a kick in the pants.
we built the y2k bike for a customer - the paint work was amazing (had over 25,000 hand painted rivets). here is a close-up of the "nose art":

jet4_small.jpg

B-King 10.13 @ 139.31

V-Max 10.41 @ 137.40

know what i find interesting here?

• The vmax is limited to 137 ET by the computer...
  • The article mentions that traction was a huge issue for the vmax
  • The writer even states that if the max was on the same rubber as the BK it would be half a second quicker.
  • I find it odd that the 700 pounds isnt much of an issue here...
Im willing to bet that we will see the new max in the 9s by the end of summer in some "pipe, computer, tire" article in the bike mags....

Well shit.....There is no saying that the 09max is the 85.....The 85 Blowed everything off the road.Hands down no comparo...I personaly was expecting the same thing when the 09 came out.I think most of us were.And if we didn't all love the (all around Vmax attitude)thing that we can't define.Then everyone would be pissed and voice it.We all know that they could have matched the 85 no comparo if they wanted to.But with yamaha being pussies and politics...They punked out.With some luck and with after market mods it will.But at 17,000 plus 2,000 to 3,000 in aftermarket goods to make it go like it should have in the first place....This B-King looks better everyday.Don't get me wrong,I love the Max.All of them.Old and new and I will someday own a 09 or 10 Max.Just because I love the Max that much.I'm just not that happy with Yamaha punk asses right now.

http://www.rf-biketech.de/cgi-bin/contray/contray.cgi?DATA=&ID=000019&GROUP=010

That was a different time. (pre sport bike)

Yamaha actually produced a another bike in 85 that was 1/10 sec. quicker than the vmax in the 1/4 mile and had a higher top speed.

So you see the Vmax has never been the fastest bike on the road!

not sure where you get the 30 more ft-lbs of torque? based on the article, the vmax peaks out at 109.7 where the b-king peaks at 97.9 (difference of 11.8). but the weight difference of 122 pounds is signifigant in any test.

regards,

ken zeller

sorry thought it was 35 that must be from gen i to get 2 max

B-King 10.13 @ 139.31

V-Max 10.41 @ 137.40

know what i find interesting here?

• The vmax is limited to 137 ET by the computer...
  • The article mentions that traction was a huge issue for the vmax
  • The writer even states that if the max was on the same rubber as the BK it would be half a second quicker.
  • I find it odd that the 700 pounds isnt much of an issue here...
Im willing to bet that we will see the new max in the 9s by the end of summer in some "pipe, computer, tire" article in the bike mags....

Actually it's limited to 142 UNLESS the CPU senses it is in a "race" situation (ie all full throttle, all gears) then the limiter doesn't kick in.

Numbers are numbers they don't really mean very much unless you put them in perspective. Thought it was interesting that this MC article did not list 0-60 time comparison on the two bikes. (where I live) As a result, I went back and researched a few et times; back in feb. 2008 Cycle World did a test on the King, came up with 0-60 time of 2.7 sec, by comparison the Max was @ 2.7 sec in Cycle World article in Dec. of 2008! A push. By the same token in this same Dec Cycle World article they have the Max top gear roll on 60 - 80 @ 3.0 Sec. the King from Cycle World in Feb. 3.2 Advantage Max! The MC article has the Max 60-80 @ 2.66 and King @ 2.49. So, to my way of thinking when you look at a collection of numbers there is no clear "winner". However seat of the pants evaluations by many put the "feel" of acceleration advangate Max just because of the big V4 and massive torque. Bottom line, even though MC gave a slight advatage to the King on numbers (which can be disputed with the above evidence) they still said the following at the end of the article:
"But just as it was back in '85, there is only one Vmax: Heavy weight Champion of this or any other universe. Advantage Max; end of story!

oh, and to show i'm not just blowing smoke, here are shots of some of my bikes:

custom vmax
vmax_mod.jpg

custom b-king (still finishing it up)
bking_mod.jpg

the true torque monster (152 ft-lbs @ the wheel)
rocket_mod.jpg

and the bike that is fatser than all of the above
zx14_mod.jpg

regards,

ken zeller
nice stable of bikes ken how the hell do you decide on the one your going to ride

maxout1200 That was a different time. (pre sport bike) Yamaha actually produced a another bike in 85 that was 1/10 sec. quicker than the vmax in the 1/4 mile and had a higher top speed. So you see the Vmax has never been the fastest bike on the road![/QUOTE said:
//in 85 i was paying aroundat the New England speedway 1/4 mile track had 1150 e suzuki..went about 4 different times have about 12 runs under my belt 11.2.. 121...there where a few v max up there running not even close to that...suzuki has a long history of being a max killer...a pro rider like peewee could of made a name with many bikes that year or any year...1150 was rated 10i hp to the wheel 535 pounds

They are two totally different bikes, and all hype aside I don't think their was any expectation that the Vmax was gonna outrun the B-king in the 1/4, it's just too heavy.......

BULLSHIT!

I got flamed up and down on this board when I told a few people that in no way shape or form stock for stock the new Max would be beating a new Busa. There were people bashing just to bash as I didn't agree that the Max performance wise would stand up. Now the proof is here and it's all so quiet about it.

I would still LOVE to own the new VMax as I said back in those posts, but damn, how about some humble pie those of you who flamed on?

Just thought I'd pipe up about that.

By the way what's up Chris, Nathan, Jeff, everybody?!?! :D

Seems like a good way for Suzuki to unload those unsold B-Kings would be to get a reputable bike magazine to do a head on comparison with the venerable and iconic '09 V Max. Might get people thinking that for a mere $10 grand they can buy a bike that has power comparable to the $18,000 V Max.

Just my opinion but I'm betting this Cyclist article is doing as much to move the B-King as any other effort to date.

Back