Marks or UFO?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
I picked up these headers and cans from another forum member. He wasnt sure what they were, maybe UFO or Marks. Can anyone identify them as there are no markings on the pipes. Are these considered 4-2-1 or 4-1?

I painted some parts black as they had a little corrosion. And probably not assembled right.

Also, I assume I need to remove the center stand. Do I need to remove the tabs that the stand attaches to? I will use gasket sealer. Anything else to think of to make it easier?

I am running 147.5 jets. Are these ok for these pipes? I will be installing Morleys jet kit later.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 108
It's a 4-2-1 but I'm not sure of the make. Jetting you won't really know until it is on your bike and running.

I started out running 147'5s on mine with a Kerker 4-1 with a competition muffler. You will need to shim the needles, but it will run great.

I've seen many kinds but I'll be damned if I have seen those. Doesn't look like Marks head pipe connections to me so not likely to be his. I don't think HMF ever made a 4-2-1. Marks 4-1 system is completely different. Doesn't look like Hindle or Voodoo either. You have any mufflers we can look at?

Picture is from PO. These are the 3 exhausts that came with it. One on left has a baffle, the center is marked UFO and right is a slash cut. The center and slash have no baffles or other markings.

Are most full systems pretty much comparable with each other?

Attachments

• cans.jpg
    cans.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 67
Kerker, UFO, and Voodoo/UFO can on the right. Probably a UFO system from what we can see.

Definitely UFO pipes with an assortment of mufflers.

147.5 should be OK with the stock airbox. As noted, plan on shimming the needles.

Where do you get these shims? 4mm hole, and 1mm thick, yes? What about diameter, what fits in there? I just might try to shim mine, too.

Latest posts

Back