Maxers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Shawn, good to hear from you again! Good to see you were able to hang onto some goodies, but sorry to hear about the big D. There are still quite a few that will remember you, as I do. How is that stretched Fazer running? Maybe you can make your way down to Somerset this coming June and join in on the fun at the VMOA meet, we need you to help with getting a fire truck back out to the festivities!:punk:

Hey Shawn, met a couple guys that knew you at various car shows around Pgh. Lol, one guy at the World of Wheels show last Feb said he thought you started this forum. Lol, I said I heard of you and knew you were a pretty much a charter member but didn't think you started it. But anyway, if you ever wanna do some riding come spring let me know. Hell, maybe we could even put together another Pgh run together.

Good to hear your back and ok Shawn. Divorce can do a number on you in many ways. I think I got my PM from you on this site, regarding exhxast mods. You reffered me to Sean Morley. It was a while ago. Welcome back.
Steve

Howdy Shawn, good to hear from you again! Good to see you were able to hang onto some goodies, but sorry to hear about the big D. There are still quite a few that will remember you, as I do. How is that stretched Fazer running? Maybe you can make your way down to Somerset this coming June and join in on the fun at the VMOA meet, we need you to help with getting a fire truck back out to the festivities!:punk:
The Fazer is still running good. I don't ride it though. Feels like a moped to me compared to my other bikes. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. The ex sure wanted it badly.

Should have let her have the Fazer. Probably sentimental though. Sounds like another member here that wanted his pride and joy or maybe just happy to see it taken from his ownership.
Hope you are on the upswing bro.

As the true definition of "Old School" in regards to things VMax, I'm glad to see you back!
Think of a divorce as a swing and a miss - you've still got at least 2 more chances to hit the home run. At least you still got the good toys to make it a bit easier. When I split up with my first wife, I had a VW Rabbit, my clothes, and my VMax. Things get better, trust me.

Joined forum in 2006 when buying first Max. Don't consider my self "old school" maxer.

Been tinkering with things that burn gas and make noise for 38 years. Do consider that old school I guess??

Having been through 2 divorces, i am fully aware of the consequences! :bang head:

Had a home, two motorcycles, tons of furniture, appliances, guns and other man toys in my first marriage. She ran up so much debt that I was not aware of. She changed our address at the Post Office to her gf's house so I never saw the bills, etc till everything was months behind. Came home and the utilities were turned off. Home payments were months behind, bank account was closed and all savings and money was gone. Had to sell everything and scramble to survive. Everything I owned fit into my car!!!

The second marriage was almost as bad but in different ways.

Been single for 23 years now. I have learned my lesson!!! :biglaugh:

Having been through 2 divorces, i am fully aware of the consequences! :bang head:

Had a home, two motorcycles, tons of furniture, appliances, guns and other man toys in my first marriage. She ran up so much debt that I was not aware of. She changed our address at the Post Office to her gf's house so I never saw the bills, etc till everything was months behind. Came home and the utilities were turned off. Home payments were months behind, bank account was closed and all savings and money was gone. Had to sell everything and scramble to survive. Everything I owned fit into my car!!!

The second marriage was almost as bad but in different ways.

Been single for 23 years now. I have learned my lesson!!! :biglaugh:

It's been a pain in the ass but after my first marriage I've refused to ever "turn over the finances' to another spouse....I trust Michelle with my life but still I want to know whats going on at all times.......paying the bills and balancing the books keeps me int he loop...

Shit, next thing you know Lankee Yankee and Nobody will post up. I've only been around since I bought my 86 new in 86 but I'm working on old timer status.
PATMAX

Im sure theres more to than I know about but I MISS YANKEE!!!!

and ofcourse welcome back Shawn!

Last edited:
I can fix the problem with the fazer (of it being slow)

I meant it's like a moped more for how little it is. Making it faster is pointless since I have a ZX 14 although an 87-88 FZR 1000 engine would make it more fun to ride.

I bought some RICOR valves from "firefly" (Ibrahim)& when the USPS lost my money order to him he waited 60 days for the refund, then did the deal. I know some people had issues w/him but he was patient w/me. I sent him copies of my receipts to show him I wasn't lying or scamming him & he waited for the USPS refund to come to me.

I found his posts to be factual but he rubbed people the wrong way evidently w/some of his posts.

I bought some RICOR valves from "firefly" (Ibrahim)& when the USPS lost my money order to him he waited 60 days for the refund, then did the deal. I know some people had issues w/him but he was patient w/me. I sent him copies of my receipts to show him I wasn't lying or scamming him & he waited for the USPS refund to come to me.

I found his posts to be factual but he rubbed people the wrong way evidently w/some of his posts.

Semi- ditto for Bob Novie , aka Nobody. I bought his Kaw ZX 750R USD front end for my CF / Metallic Black '98 . I was a bit slow in getting him all the $ , and he was patient with me also. Everything came in just as he described it. ( I still can't get the Acewell tach / speedo to work correctly ) , but that was a minor part to a larger package and I can deal with it , no problem. That change ,over to the Kaw USD forks w/ racetech innards , Galfer rotors , 6 piston calipers , both wheels with radials and a notched & braced swingarm made a quick straight line bike into the bike Yamaha should have built by 1998 .

Bob enjoyed stirring the pot for sure , he was old school in that regard , big time. I know he pissed off a bunch from the VMOA with some accusations about $ and accountability , and he did not suffer any fools, but he was one of the older members and very knowledgeable about the Max and he had a lot of good general info about life as well .

Here's a shot of the '98 with the Kaw front end .

Attachments

• # 1 Group Chip 536.jpg
    # 1 Group Chip 536.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 23
Semi- ditto for Bob Novie , aka Nobody .

Would that be the Robert Novak of YouTube" vmax supercharged" fame?

If you do a search for that that his blower bike with the between the handle bars video shot of a high speed run with the blower singing will come up.

I tracked him down trying to get input on what really goes into building a blower motor and spoke with him on the phone a few times and he seemed like a good guy.

Was that nobody?

The original bike was built and owned by Paul Novak and Different then Bob Novie that bought it virtually exactly as he showed it. Paul and Gino at Evolution Engines is who it was built up by. I have some of the info and the original pics of the bike before the transformation. We even built the first seat for the bike.

Sean

I can't believe Nobody's bike has not shown up anywhere that I know of. He sold it very cheap considering all that was done to it. Heck, anybody seen a Vmax at any burrito stands by any chance?
Would like to know where Hercules bike ended up too?

Latest posts

Back