mmy new (used) bike is a real spaceship

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of this and will be burning up the roads soon as I give it a pre-flight check. I know you're envious!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 79
Is that a 45, FM? If so, they are getting scarce. There used to be one in service as a 3 wheel police
bike, when I was a kid. Way back when very fast was 100mph.
Steve

Yes, you might have seen something similar in front of your local 'five & dime' store w/a coin feed for a bumpy 2 min. ride complete w/'real jet sounds.'

Yes, a flathead 45 it looks to be, but not mine, I just found the pic on the web and thought some members would get a kick out of it. I always liked the dime store rides as a kid, something from the 1950's. Jean Shepherd probably wrote a short story about the rides, or mentioned them at some point (the author of 'A Christmas Story.') If you're ever in the need for a good time reading and laughing, get ahold of Jean Shepherd's books, either from an online source like Kindle, or the old-fashioned way, from your library. Playboy used to run his stories regularly, they're filled with all-sorts of memories if you grew up in the 1940's or '50's.

OMG, that is sooo cool. I don't care if it ever ran. It would be a great show piece .

"Wanda Hickey's Night Of Golden Memories" - GREAT story by Jean Shepard! Playboy, around the mid 70's if memory serves...

He also wrote "A Christmas Story"..... Great movie the first 50 times I saw it. Now, I'd rather stick a knitting needle in my eyes than see it again. (Although Ralphie's Mom was kinda hot..)

"The Orpheum Theater Gravy Boat Riot" was one from Playboy about dinnerware giveaways if you bought a movie ticket.

I haven't seen "A Christmas Story" 50 times but if I had I probably would be sick of it too. The costuming and kids' social interaction was great. I wore snowsuits like that!

Back