More Morley muscle kit questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, I am going to send Sean my stuff next week to get his muscle kit. I am confused on what exactly I am supposed to send him though. Is it just the lid of the airbox or the whole thing? Also, does anyone have his kit that is using stage 1 needles? This is what I currently have, and if they work fine, I will save some money by not getting new needles. Thanks.

i doubt he needs your airbox lid immediately. he usually sends one out with his kit and you send back your when your done. not sure if you arranged something else with him though. either way its just the lid.

stg1 needles might work. depends on a lot of things. i'd say try them and see if they work. you'll know if they don't..

What exactly is this Morley Muscle kit I keep hearing about?:confused2: I've done a search and cannot find enough info on it.

Hey all, I am going to send Sean my stuff next week to get his muscle kit. I am confused on what exactly I am supposed to send him though. Is it just the lid of the airbox or the whole thing? Also, does anyone have his kit that is using stage 1 needles? This is what I currently have, and if they work fine, I will save some money by not getting new needles. Thanks.

Don't waste your time with Stage 1 . Get the Morley complete kit , a set of aftermarket exhaust headers with can 4-1 / cans 4-2 , you'll be happier , and so will Max .

What exactly is this Morley Muscle kit I keep hearing about?:confused2: I've done a search and cannot find enough info on it.

It is a jet kit for those with aftermarket headers. It is similar to the Dynojets stage 7, except it has different filtration (one large filter that fits in a modified lid. Stg7 usually uses 4 pod type filters) and dosn't have the stg 7 midrange dip as bad.
It makes great power and you'll love the sound when you roll the throttle on the Vmax. It one of the better mods I've done to my bike. I have no regrets buying it at all.

morleykit.jpg

Thanks everybody for the advice on this and my other thread. I decided to go ahead and have Sean send me the entire kit. That way I will have options as far as the needles are concerned.

Thanks everybody for the advice on this and my other thread. I decided to go ahead and have Sean send me the entire kit. That way I will have options as far as the needles are concerned.

Thats what I did, complete kit w/stg 7 needles.
On this thread (http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16981&highlight=Altitude) folks have posted thier carb setups. If you look at thier location and find similar specs to where you live, it will give you a good ballpark to start. then the rest is just fine tuning.

Crap, forgot to ask one thing. I already have the shorter springs. Should I have Sean send a set of stock ones?

Where's the "Squeeze" KJ? :ummm:
The old setup was in the airbox itself. Now it sits on a workbench in my friend's garage getting ready to go on his snowmachine. I'm going to go with a Wizards of NOS setup. I have a couple of designs I'm working on in AutoCAD, that will make installing nitrous on a Vmax a snap. damn near bolt on, it will definately simple things up.

The old setup was in the airbox itself. Now it sits on a workbench in my friend's garage getting ready to go on his snowmachine. I'm going to go with a Wizards of NOS setup. I have a couple of designs I'm working on in AutoCAD, that will make installing nitrous on a Vmax a snap. damn near bolt on, it will definately simple things up.

:hmmm: Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to more info on it.

The FP needles is what we used on our very first kit in fact. All of them will work and give you adjust-ability.

Sean

Don't waste your time with Stage 1 . Get the Morley complete kit , a set of aftermarket exhaust headers with can 4-1 / cans 4-2 , you'll be happier , and so will Max .

the stage 1 needles may work for him. why do you say don't waste your time with the needles? if stock is just a tad to lean they may be just the ticket.

How about Factory pro titanium needles, Morley kit, and stage 7 needles. are they different?
Never did get stage 1's to work as well as stock needles shimmed.
Steve

here ya go steve:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3208

Latest posts

Back