Morley muscle kit breather hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All questions are good (at least most are lol). The only time you will get any excess oil is under extended hard duration use or if the engine has excessively worn rings. The only time I have had oil come up the vent was on an extended wheelie. Somewhere around 3rd gear or so (starting in first) and being very straight up has the oil shift enough to come up the hose. Most will never have this be an issue. Coincidentally that's also about the time the engine starves for oil and engine damage occurs (took me awhile to get that through my thick skull lol).

Sean

The python kit has been debated and it's my opinion that the cheap stage seven version that they offer isn't going to allow the bike to run correctly.

That isn't a vent system either and is simply a means to cap off the PCV hose coming from the engine (we tee into that same hose). So, instead of the engines intake suction helping pull a vacuum under the crankcase their system simply vents to the open air and the filter tries to keep the oil mist under control. Our system uses the engines own suction on the intake side to pull a vacuum under the pistons.

This increases ring seal and reduces blowby and helps create more power and efficiency.

Here's some basic theory about the system:
http://nutterracingengines.com/racing_oil_pumps/crankcase_vacuum_facts.html

Sean

I take that as a no to my question.
http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/vmax/vmax_products/airfil4breather.htm If i go with this set up do i still need to vent my oil fill cap.

technically no you don't need to vent you oil fill cap, but.....

i guess what the guys are saying is that the little red filter that you connect to the pcv tube is only going allow oil to spray all over your carbs if you don't find a way to collect the oily mist (either drip it back into the filler, or into a puke box). also if you don't find a way to reconnect the pcv hose back to into the intake, you'll lose performance because by not doing so, you don't create the necessary vacuum in the crankcase.

Back