my legs are to long!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the black highway pegs. On eBay it says buy it now "or best offer". They are listed for 98.00 and I offered 89.50 (an even hundred with shipping) and the offer was accepted. Just in case someone was thinking about it... might as well save a couple
bucks.

Dam! Mine was 116 from manufacture. If I were you if you know a machinist. That like I posted from muscle facebook. It looks easy to install pegs on the outside of gaurds

I think (hope) those pegs are long enough to mount directly to the bike without needing to have engine guards also

Dam! Mine was 116 from manufacture. If I were you if you know a machinist. That like I posted from muscle facebook. It looks easy to install pegs on the outside of gaurds

Im dumb.. u ordered highway pegs... I thought engine gaurds my bad! I think pegs mounted on the gaurds like Seans pics would be best. Bigs your legs away from engine

1st post new member.. sorry for bringen up an old post

is there a forward control that works with the standard set up. ie have both options for standard or forward control? would this look retarted?

does the forward control scrape before the standard?

lastly any current opinions on best forward controls?

back round info:
texas
1990 vmax
python drag bar

I'm pretty sure somebody on here fabricated some dual controls. I don't remember who, but I'm sure I've seen them. Someone will be along with a link, I'm sure.

And don't apologize for bringing back an old thread. That just means you've already tried to find the answer. This is a great community.

Welcome to the madness.

1st post new member.. Sorry for bringen up an old post

is there a forward control that works with the standard set up. Ie have both options for standard or forward control? Would this look retarted?

Does the forward control scrape before the standard?

Lastly any current opinions on best forward controls?

Back round info:
Texas
1990 vmax
python drag bar

+1

We did dual controls on Fargo's bike when we built it some years ago. Been awhile since we sold a set of these controls but I suppose we could do another set.

Attachments

• DSCN1814.jpg
    DSCN1814.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for all the warm welcomes

that looks good sean! how much would this run me?

I would need to double check but want to say in the $400 range. There are a few selections of pegs available that work with these controls (kuryakyn pegs).

im 6'2" with a short torso and long legs. I have added UFO starfighter seat and a set of drag bars with risers.

Made a huge difference. I have engines guards too so I can stretch my legs.

I think a lower seat with better ergonomics on the bars and the ability to stretch your legs are the best things you can do next to going with forward controls!

hope that helps

I thought I had better pictures but I guess I deleted them and bikes in hibernation for winter now but I had these photos. I don't have dual controls but I modified standard pegs and put spacers in there to bring them away from engine to give me another foot location. Works well! And it gives my wife the ability to stretch her legs out! It would be nice to have dual controls but I have no problem with the fwd controls. My shifter was modified and a heel shifter welded on which I think makes the difference of me loving the fwd controls. I don't even use the regular arm for up shifting. Always the heel shifter. It makes a huge difference to me

uploadfromtaptalk1425488180038.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1425488313048.jpg

Back