My new project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goodluck_5.gif

Looks like a great project. Hope it turns out nice.

Its all there in one piece, thats a big head start. You going to get it running first or just tear it down and start from scratch?

Wow
remembering my both friends bikes in the mid seventies
One stock and the other one as a chopper

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks guys, it's all there and these were pics before I washed alot of shmeg off it. Got a very light coat of surface rust in the tank, carbs have to be torn down, new rubber lines, chain, tires, battery. I'm gonna get into the hand switches too and check all the contacts. When done i'll pretty it all up. Can't wait to ride it.

Awesome! I found a CM200T in gran'ma's garage for my ex-wife, and it was in amazing condition, just dusty. Tank needed treating, and a carb kit to make it run. The rest was just clean and polish.
They are amazingly well-built bikes, I reckon you'll be surprised to see how well the old chrome comes out with a bit of elbow grease!

Replacing points you will do, yoda thinks.

LOL @ points.

Otherwise looks to be a fun project....good luck with it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372021367.476347.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372021386.970989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372021400.604348.jpglittle update....runs like a top....fires on one kick. I put a good amount of hours into it and don't want to give it back to father in law. Whopping 44hp !

that is really cool! All you have to do it make it past the red line at 11k and you can keep going! LOL

Still a good looking bike. They shake something awful! So, the smegma was water-soluble? Looks like it cleaned up nicely. I have a 305 Superhawk I've been trying to get-to, but life keeps 'gettin in the way.' 11K miles & OEM except someone replaced a single exhaust.

Pretty fun little bike. I still have to take the electric starter apart and clean it. It barely starts the engine so I usually just kick it. Even with the battery fully charged it won't crank well. It luckily starts with one kick. I revved it up about 7 grand so far and it feels like it's screaming. It redlines at 9,500 but I'm afraid to crank it that hard. The tach is a little lazy also so I will end up doing that too....

Latest posts

Back