Need a Go-Fund Me site to help buy bird food

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Nothing dies around my home that doesn't need to die....spiders need to die....everything else gets a pass.

LOL, then dont come to my Garage. Black Widows die, and brown recluse die, every other spider lives, so i have a lot of Brown Widows........because they keep away the Black Widows....:punk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectus_geometricus

Latrodectus geometricus, commonly known as the brown widow,[1][2] brown button, grey widow, brown black widow,[2] house button spider or geometric button spider, is one of the widow spiders in the genus Latrodectus. As such, it is a 'cousin' to the more infamous Latrodectus mactans (black widow).

Basically they compete for the same space......if you have Brown Widows, you DONT have Black Widows. You can tell if you have them because the egg sacs will be whitish and spiky. If you get bitten, it will cause a blister, thats about it.

Attachments

• latrodectus-geometricus-5.jpg
    latrodectus-geometricus-5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Wow, I'm getting an education on arthropods!

I hate to brag but I think I have the biggest black bears AND spiders at my house. :eusa_dance:

Anybody have an idea of what kind of spider this bad boy is? It's the second one I've had in the house in a year.

Good thing is they're easy to spot.....you can see them easily from 30 feet away!:surprise:

1820.jpg

I hate to brag but I think I have the biggest black bears AND spiders at my house. :eusa_dance:

Anybody have an idea of what kind of spider this bad boy is? It's the second one I've had in the house in a year.

Good thing is they're easy to spot.....you can see them easily from 30 feet away!:surprise:

View attachment 54150

That looks kinda like a grass spider. Ive seen them dark brown before, and they can get that big.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 8

View attachment 54150

You got some big black bears down your way for sure Mark.....and they are developing a reputation for being aggressive too!

We have those spiders too....see them around the pool quite often, sometimes in the shower too! They startle the shit out of me....big ugly bastids! (that's a combination between bastard & arachnid :biglaugh:)

Back