Need help with swingarm pivot bolt mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Saw on here you could buy the right hand side pivot bolt and nut to get a small bit of movement to align the swingarm. My question is... How do i install it now? book says to torque the left side to 73 lbs but i fear that will snap the Allen key... Anyone done this or know how to do it? it has moved the tire over a quarter inch which is what i needed to stop rubbing the fender... Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Keep the locknuts loose and get the arm into the position you want. Dont make the allen heads very tight at all yet. Then, tq the left locknut to the spec you would normally tighten the right locknut to, per the manual. Now, just pretend it is a fixed pivot bolt and tighten the right side per the manual. Set bearing preload (only a few ft lbs IIRC) then tighten the locknut.

You arent tightening th allen bolt very tight, just the locknuts. The allen bolts preload the bearings, the locknuts keep the pivot bolts from moving.

yea its like 6 ft lbs right? maybe less like 6 Nm?

just make a mark on both bolts and nuts to make sure you're moving one and not the other.

Back