Need New Tires AGAIN!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
january i install a bt-021 tires. look today how my rear is.

i want another tire cause this tire i didnt like it very much.

is there a 190-55-17 tire that could be uses with a stock swingarm.
my previous was an avon storm which was 180 but it was widther than the 180 bt-021. with my avon was not good either cause after 170 km my bike was woobling dangerously.

i searched the forum but couldnt find any info usefull about that.

i want a tire that i can keep for about 4000-5000 kilometres. and ofcourse a nice grip

any advice?

Attachments

• 2011-04-26 16.36.53.jpg
    2011-04-26 16.36.53.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2011-04-26 16.37.44.jpg
    2011-04-26 16.37.44.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2011-04-26 16.38.12.jpg
    2011-04-26 16.38.12.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 19
Re: need AGAIN new tires

Touring tires like the storm and the ME880 run a flatter profile so they're wider looking and may actually be slightly wider.

Have you looked into a dual compound tire? Something like the Michelin or Pirelli? They have harder rubber down the center and softer on the sides where it's needed.

Chris

I've read a lot of reviews on the Michelin power pilot 2ct. They are a dual compound tire. They got good reviews but a lot of them say they are not getting any better mileage than they would with the regular power pilots. They cost a few bucks more too. My understanding is that the center of the tire is made of the same rubber as the regular PP's and the edge is softer so that would make sense. The reviews I read were from other forums so who knows how accurate they are?

out of curiosity how much tire pressure you run? I like my metzler 880's nice smooth good grip and soo far long life/wear on them.

out of curiosity how much tire pressure you run? I like my metzler 880's nice smooth good grip and soo far long life/wear on them.

i am running 39-40 psi. There isnt any marathon for 17 wheels. only 18 and 15. i went to the place i always put my tires on and in his catalog there wasnt a marathon for 17 wheel.

Touring tires like the storm and the ME880 run a flatter profile so they're wider looking and may actually be slightly wider.

Have you looked into a dual compound tire? Something like the Michelin or Pirelli? They have harder rubber down the center and softer on the sides where it's needed.

Chris

bt-021 is a dual compound tire. but it lasted the half life from my previous tire avon av-56

maybe shinko verge 011?

Michelin Pilot 1 - single compound - second best tyres on the world
Michelin Pilot 2 - dual compound - the best tyres on the world.

Only diffrence with these two above is that "2" will last twice more then "1".
"1" typicaly ends its life with 80% of thread on sides and having NO thread on the center...which "2" encouters...

i am running 39-40 psi. There isnt any marathon for 17 wheels. only 18 and 15. i went to the place i always put my tires on and in his catalog there wasnt a marathon for 17 wheel.

ya i thought so, been a while since i looked at them. also not sure but i would drop the tire pressure a bit, by your wear pattern i could tell you had it pumped up pretty high. you might get a little more life and better traction with it set around 34-36. thats just my 2cents.

ya i thought so, been a while since i looked at them. also not sure but i would drop the tire pressure a bit, by your wear pattern i could tell you had it pumped up pretty high. you might get a little more life and better traction with it set around 34-36. thats just my 2cents.

34-36 Isnt't that low?? i have read that the most manufactures say to use the tires with 38-40 psi dependes if one person or two are on the bike?

if it is safe 34-36 i will try it.

im about 240lbs and i run it around 35-36, either by myself or with a pax. i usually run the spring setting at 1, 2 if i got a pax on the back. dont think thats low at all. you might find it rides way nicer. ive only run the 880's and avon venom tires. think you will notice the difference when riding it with the lower pressure.

january i install a bt-021 tires. look today how my rear is.

i want another tire cause this tire i didnt like it very much.

is there a 190-55-17 tire that could be uses with a stock swingarm.
my previous was an avon storm which was 180 but it was widther than the 180 bt-021. with my avon was not good either cause after 170 km my bike was woobling dangerously.

i searched the forum but couldnt find any info usefull about that.

i want a tire that i can keep for about 4000-5000 kilometres. and ofcourse a nice grip

any advice?

Give the Michelin Pilot Power 180-55-17 a try . To go to a 190 , I would advise notching the swingarm , and bracing it as well while you have it off. Agree that 39 is a little high for single rider , 34-36 recommended per dealers. I weigh 205 & it works well. I have 190s 2 CT on the '98 black / carbon fiber bike , but haven't put enough miles on it to give you an idea about mileage. However , grip is excellent , and I braced & notched the swingarm for a better fit.

Attachments

• DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC02072.jpg
    DSC02072.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 14
i made i choise and i hope wont regret it. i went with the bt-16, softer than the bt-021, the thing i noticed from the first second is how my bike dives into the corners. it fells by it self something i have never felt since i install my 17 wheel. (first tire avon av-56 second tire bt-021)
this tire is totally diferent . i havent made any klimoteres(miles) but i am sure i will be very happy with them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IblXbtH1gh0&feature=related

and the best part is the i installed 190-50-17 without a notched arm. LOL

Latest posts

Back