New bags, turn signals, pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBee

Reaction score
Had my 03 for a three months and have gotten a lot of great info and ideas from this forum. So I thought I'd post some pictures of the completed work...
I installed a used leather Corbin seat, some Willie & Max throwover saddlebags and a sissybar bag, relocated smaller turn signals rear and front, highway pegs, fan switch.

Pretty happy with the bags, but need to find a way to better attach them in front - at speed the wind lifts and pushes them back if they're not fully loaded.

I'm kind of on the fence with the new turn signals, though... thinking they're a bit too small. Would certainly welcome any feedback!!

And many thanks to all who've posted info and pictures that helped me with these projects.

SideofBike2.jpg

FrontLights.jpg

RearCorner.jpg

RearLights.jpg

SideLights.jpg

HighwayPegs.jpg

Saddlebags-1.jpg

FanSwitch.jpg

Very well done. :clapping: toss on a tank bag and a fork mounted tool bag and your set to run some mileage.

To me the turn signals look fine. I have the same ones up front on my ride too. I especially like the relocation, of the rear signals, you did to move them by the plate, and nice choice of toggle switch for the fan. It looks nice and polished, as if it was a factory option.

Looks like a touring bike! I have similar looking saddlebags on mine, and they have 2 leather cords at the bottom. I tied the cords around my shock absorbers, and it keeps them from flopping when empty. If yours don't have the cords, perhaps you could add some, or improvise something. Bike looks good!

The relocation kit was from Saddleman... I got it through Amazon for about $20.
It's kind of heavy, but it works well. The pain was in pulling the fender to run the new wirining under the sub fender. But I covered it all with heat shrink tubing and it worked out pretty well.

The bullet connectors that came with the lights (a steal at $13 a pair off Ebay) were too small, but I cut them & crimped some Radio Shack bullets on them and ithey fit perfectly.

...nice choice of toggle switch for the fan. It looks nice and polished, as if it was a factory option.

I have to thank someone on this forum for the switch idea.
I can't find the thread, but it had detailed instructions and pictures... which I followed closely.

Where did you get that black switch? Much nicer looking than a regular toggle switch. Your bike looks good. I loaded up my 96 in May and went to Canada for a week.

Attachments

• IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 37
Very nice. A sissy bar bag like that would be just the thing for when I want a little storage but don't want to mount a full set of bags.

Back