New LED tail/brake light...thanx Lankeeyankee!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Item location:HONGKONG, Hong Kong

Any expierence with Hong Kong electronics?​

Hmm 115.00 bucks for an LED tail light I think I need to raise my prices..

A lot of these hong kong china crap leds arent sealed and the circuitry is cheap, I know they arent DOT approved. Technically they are illegal to run here in the US..
Also with all these you see.... if an LED burns out due to water mositure or failure your beat the assembly needs replaced.. With my LED assembly all you have to do is just replace the LED part its a 2 piece unit..

Email them and ask these questions.

1) Is the LED assembly a sealed unit
2) Are they DOT approved.
3) Is just the LED replaceable or do you have to buy a whole new assembly.

Item location:HONGKONG, Hong Kong

Any expierence with Hong Kong electronics?​

Hmm 115.00 bucks for an LED tail light I think I need to raise my prices..

I would say 3/4 of the electronics you are using Lankee are made in Hong Kong. Some is good, and some is crap. I prefer "American Made" but even that doesn't mean a whole lot. Components can be brought in from other countries, but as long as it is assembled in the US, it can be labeled "American Made"

I would say 3/4 of the electronics you are using Lankee are made in Hong Kong. Some is good, and some is crap. I prefer "American Made" but even that doesn't mean a whole lot. Components can be brought in from other countries, but as long as it is assembled in the US, it can be labeled "American Made"

Jeff,
You havent ever purchased anything from me so you dont have a clue in what I use to sell to others. The LEDS I use in my gauge cluster assemblies are 10X more then what I can buy off EBAY.... I dont use shit cheap ass Chinese Electronics. Yes you can save some money buying China Crap such as scooters but you get what you pay for.
One reason is I dont want people sending me back stuff I sell them due to an electronic failure and I warranty all my stuff LED tail lights 3 yrs.. Gauge Assemblies 3 yrs as long as they arent opened and messed with... ask around to others if they will do that for you??

In a nutshell, check for the DOT label. No label, no approval. thus Illegal. The brake light I have shows DOT approval.

49 U.S.C. 30112, Prohibitions on manufacturing, selling, and importing non-complying motor vehicles and equipment?.A person may not manufacture for sale,sell, offer for sale, introduce or deliver for introduction in interstate commerce, or import into the United States, any motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment?Unless the vehicle or equipment complies with ?applicable FMVSS? and ?bears a certification (label).?

http://204.68.195.250/cars/rules/maninfo/mcpkg007.pdf

Label my ass...... Check for factory etch... Such as on your automotive lamps.. So are you saying that my fiberglass novelity Beanie helmet is DOT approved cause it has a DOT sticker on it?? Come on KJ give us more respect..

A sticker:rofl_200:

Label my ass...... Check for factory etch... Such as on your automotive lamps.. So are you saying that my fiberglass novelity Beanie helmet is DOT approved cause it has a DOT sticker on it?? Come on KJ give us more respect..

A sticker:rofl_200:

That link is from the NHTSA site. and where does it say a label has to be paper? Maybe you can send them a letter and tell them they are wrong.

Here is a DOT approved tail and brake light I am done with is argument and also this Thread was started about my LED brake and tail light..
Which should be ended really.
Its all the ones that dont like my attitude starting all of this shit.
I sell a legal DOT tail and brake light assembly. If you like it and want one send me a message. If you dont like me and you want to buy someone elses its your decision I am not starving I have a full time job making decent money.
I stand behind my products and will work with you.. buy something off ebay and see how far ya get once it messes up.. ever try to call hong hong for advice or returns??

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 55
  • LED II.jpg
    LED II.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 56
I'm missing something, Who said that your products aren't good or non DOT?

It is a good looking light, but like they say. Day late and a dollar short. I already bought mine before you went into production.

I'm missing something, Who said that your products aren't good or non DOT?

It is a good looking light, but like they say. Day late and a dollar short. I already bought mine before you went into production.

Ok really what happened.. The thread was started in the wrong location, rather then electrical it should have been placed in Vendor Expierence, but the Moderator is to worried about people getting there feelings hurt so it wasnt fixed.
Then Davidson posted about a filiment style light and mitchell added to it and it went on to ebay shit, cats eye on the fender etc..
No complaint. No biggy KJ...
I admit I dont stay on a thread all the time due to me posting BS or a few jokes here and there..
All is good... maybe I need a beer LOL!!:cheers:

Ok really what happened.. The thread was started in the wrong location, rather then electrical it should have been placed in Vendor Expierence, but the Moderator is to worried about people getting there feelings hurt so it wasnt fixed.
Then Davidson posted about a filiment style light and mitchell added to it and it went on to ebay shit, cats eye on the fender etc..
No complaint. No biggy KJ...
I admit I dont stay on a thread all the time due to me posting BS or a few jokes here and there..
All is good... maybe I need a beer LOL!!:cheers:

lol, Forum ADD.

It reminds me of a shirt I used to have. It said.... "My doctor said I have ADD and , oh look a bird..."

Here is a DOT approved tail and brake light I am done with is argument and also this Thread was started about my LED brake and tail light..
Which should be ended really.
Its all the ones that dont like my attitude starting all of this shit.
I sell a legal DOT tail and brake light assembly. If you like it and want one send me a message. If you dont like me and you want to buy someone elses its your decision I am not starving I have a full time job making decent money.
I stand behind my products and will work with you.. buy something off ebay and see how far ya get once it messes up.. ever try to call hong hong for advice or returns??
+ to KJ's comments LY, you have a good product, but I had my LED cateye before yours went into production. I would have chosen to support a forum member had I known about your taillight. I was really looking at the reflector style taillights but didn't like my choices at the time.
As soon as I can get some extra money together I'll be talking to you about my gauges. I'm thinking a dual speedo/ tach combo up top with idiot lights and std 3 gauge cluster of water temp/ oil pressure/ volts.
Don't worry Donn we still love your work and even you too! (oh gawd, did the inner Jake in me just come out... :bang head::bang head::bang head:)

Is the motorcyclemods.com one DOT approved? The only thing I see is the option saying "lternate color Lens for Oblong Cateye - may be banned in certain jurisdictions; check local laws. - specify, smoke or clear "

Is the motorcyclemods.com one DOT approved? The only thing I see is the option saying "lternate color Lens for Oblong Cateye - may be banned in certain jurisdictions; check local laws. - specify, smoke or clear "

All that means that in certain states there are restrictions on lens colors. State law as a rule can be more restrictive than federal law.

I've been running a red one for the past three seasons with no issues and my buddy has a clear one that's been on his for even longer with no issues.

I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Chris

Attachments

• 100_2401.jpg
    100_2401.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back