New Max hits the 8's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Gen 2 UFO V-Max is not running a M/T drag radial shootout tire. the bike has a M/T bias ply wrinkle wall slick. they make this tire in both 17" and 18" sizes......

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/motorcycle.php?item=ETDragMotorcycle
Better Better look at that video again ..It's as clear as day the UFO bike does not have a M/T slick ..Tim used an M/T slick on his bike but not Jon..Jon did have an M/T slick on the bike for his still photos taken at his shop but look at the Video and you will see a 17 inch rim with an M/T DOT shootout tire.. This has been confirmed by Tim the Vmax Gugu ..

UfO did remove a lot of weight! The bike he took into the 8's had a complete different frontend under it. smaller fork tubes etc. I think he also used a 17inch rear wheel.

I CALLED JON ( UFO ) TODAY TO LEAVE A MESSAGE , BUT HE PICKED UP , SO I TALKED TO HIM FOR ABOUT A HALF AN HOUR , WE TALKED ABOUT HIS 8 SECOND RUN & THE GOOD OLD DAYS , WHAT A NICE GUY . :punk:

Here's what I "interpeted" from Jons "deliberately Wily" Submission to the Vboost...you got a read it tongue in cheek, but if you read between the lines it's pretty clear.

My congrats to Jon go out as well.

All Yammie electronics and support systems, ecu, everything, went in the trash barrell and a standalone efi system was used, no fly by wire, no fancy velocity stacks air box or any of that crap.

18" wheel..not 17"

he's gone into the the transmission..

He couldn't get into the 8's at all without the bars, and dumping the stock front end and wheels....I think it was something like low -low 9's at best....

Weight, he described in the "stage one" modifications about trimming 200 pounds off the bike, but then later he's talking about a second stage of weight loss including the wheels and front end, so I don't know if he implies that the wheels and front end were in addition to the earlier 200 lbs or not. Either way it's pretty damn remarkable.

Kudo's to the Vboost for having the intellectual honesty to print Jons submission irregardless of the numerous people who "just plain don't like the guy" without really being able to rationalize it.

I am not sure about getting into the trans. What gives you that idea and what do you think he did?? I would bet the 200lbs includes the front end and wheels as there really isn't 200lbs anywhere else without counting that stuff.

A future big bore and or chain drive would make it a beast. Even lower compression and a turbo would make it a real beast.

Sean

:ummm: Jon's article states he never cared for the factory transmissions /ratios. That would lead you to think he changed it, but he wouldn't answer. I like a good mystery and this is a good one. Later, Spur

"never cared for factory ratios"

Q. "what did you do to your tranny"
A. "I really couldn't say"
Q. "is at all stock"
A. "I really couldn't say"

I wondered about the weight since he stated it was down 200 when they got.....

Aw never mind...just read the article, it seems chronological to me...

I can't understand all the people that try to put down a wonderful accomplishment!! I've seen Jon's record setting bike in person and he's helped me with numerous things I've done with my gen 1 max. Why don't everyone go get on their bikes and enjoy being lucky enough to even own one. I also saw the poster sent to him cogratulating him from the first to be in the "nines" to the first to be in the. "eights". Congrats Jon, your friend, Ed DeMino

Last edited:
I can't understand all the people that try to put down a wonderful accomplishment!! I've seen Jon's record setting bike in person and he's helped me with numerous things I've done with my gen 1 max. Why don't everyone go get on their bikes and enjoy being lucky enough to even own one. I also saw the poster sent to him cogratulating him from the first to be in the "nines" to the first to be in the. "eights". Congrats Jon, your friend, Ed DeMino
Jon was the first to run 8s ..But not the first one to run 9s on a Gen 2.. First to go 9s was Imfastoo and his Crew on the StarVmax site ( 9.9 )... Second to go 9s Bad_Maxs Gen 2 Vmax from StarVmax ( 9.8 ) .. Third to 9s was Jay Gleason on Tims Gen 2 Vmax ( 9.5 ) Bad_Maxs and Jays 9 second runs took place same day same track ..

I didn't say Jon was the first to do 9's, I just saw the poster above Jon's bike I just don't remember who it was from.

I am sorry man but it looks like that's exactly what you inferred. I know you didn't say it yourself, but you referred to his poster and took that to be gospel (like many other things he claims). Getting ANY bike into the 8's is an accomplishment no matter how it was done (slicks, bar, nitrous, ect....). BUT, don't come in here (not you in this case) and blow smoke up our asses claiming things that aren't completely accurate.

I don't have a personal agenda with Jon and the few dealings I have had with him (mostly for my customers) have been fine. BUT, I have also had many customers have very big problems with his follow up customer service which I do have a problem with.

In time you will likely experience this first hand yourself and just be prepared for the "I told you so's" from the people that have been burned and tried to warn you. That could be tomorrow or it may be 20 years from now.

I am not so sure he's even the first to be in the 8's with a gen 2 though he may very well be. There are a lot of drag racers around the country that don't subscribe to or join Vmax clubs so we just don't really know for sure (and will never probably know).

I am sorry man but it looks like that's exactly what you inferred. I know you didn't say it yourself, but you referred to his poster and took that to be gospel (like many other things he claims). Getting ANY bike into the 8's is an accomplishment no matter how it was done (slicks, bar, nitrous, ect....). BUT, don't come in here (not you in this case) and blow smoke up our asses claiming things that aren't completely accurate.

I don't have a personal agenda with Jon and the few dealings I have had with him (mostly for my customers) have been fine. BUT, I have also had many customers have very big problems with his follow up customer service which I do have a problem with.

In time you will likely experience this first hand yourself and just be prepared for the "I told you so's" from the people that have been burned and tried to warn you. That could be tomorrow or it may be 20 years from now.

I am not so sure he's even the first to be in the 8's with a gen 2 though he may very well be. There are a lot of drag racers around the country that don't subscribe to or join Vmax clubs so we just don't really know for sure (and will never probably know).

Amen...

Latest posts

Back