New Vmax Junkie Guys!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda1

Reaction score
Hey! Like all the info. Live in Seattle I just got a 97 Vmax. I have been riding for 45 years and mostly owned Kawasaki Street and Suzuki Dirt bikes. The closest Kawi to a vmax that I have owned would be the 900 Eliminator or 1000 Eliminator. I always liked the Vmax though and wanted one but it just never happened. Couple years ago I was going to go buy a Vmax and this killer ZX-11 came up so I bought it. Now I finally got a Vmax in my garage. I have put a couple hundred miles on it and it runs fine and have made my list of mods to do. First it has the cobra slip ons and cobra jet kit installed. It reminded me of the 900 eliminator exhaust but I read it actually hurts performance and since I am sick of loud kirker and super trap mufflers I am going to buy a stock set up until I find a full system on a vmax that I can listen to in person and like. 2nd I want a UFO swing arm (not stretched) and one of the big wide rear rims so I can slap some meat on this thing and get some radials, I don't really like the current tires and there new.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 50
thanks danny....

cuda....send me your email address and I can send you picks of the mufflers and how are your pipes? tou do have the black exhaust pipes that are correct for the 97??? I have those also for sale.
welcome to the vmax club and forum.....you are gonna love the tq addiction of this bike lol

Welcome. There are many other vendors that can help with your desired upgrades too! Including me!

I would suggest you have your swing arm braced and notched. I'm not sure but Sean (Morley's Muscle) might even be able to do that on an exchange basis. (where he sends you a done swingarm and you send him back yours) He also dose some really cool seats. When people post problems with their bikes, Sean is almost always there to offer expert advice, He is a great source for anything for the V-Max.

I would suggest you have your swing arm braced and notched. I'm not sure but Sean (Morley's Muscle) might even be able to do that on an exchange basis. (where he sends you a done swingarm and you send him back yours) He also dose some really cool seats. When people post problems with their bikes, Sean is almost always there to offer expert advice, He is a great source for anything for the V-Max.
Yes, Sean does do the exchange on all sorts of parts, I have done this with him several times. I have a notched, braced, powder coated and made to fit a wide 200 tire swingarm. It is also offset to keep the wide tire centered on the bike which makes turning L or R the same effort and "it don't look funny".:biglaugh:
Check out http://www.morleysmuscle.com/ and if you have any questions email Sean at [email protected], also check out his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morleys-Muscle/282702488678?fref=ts

Last edited:
Cuda, to each there own but I would only suggest to do a little research before deciding to invest in UFO products.

I, I also forgot to ask. Work for Boeing by chance? Lot's of folks up that way do of course lol.

I have a line on an 100 mile 1998 (the chrome) system in my state right now, high price but is complete.
As for UFO the reason I was looking there was because of the max daddy wheel, it looks heavy but I thought it and a notched and braced swingarm would get me to a 200 radial and not need to buy a matching front rim right now maybe I missed something in my research.
I have been to the Morley site and liked what I saw and did plan on some stuff from there, I just did not see a wheel section. I appreciate any and all info!

I, I also forgot to ask. Work for Boeing by chance? Lot's of folks up that way do of course lol.

No i have seen Boeing lay off the work force when I was a little kid, there used to be a big billboard sign that said " Will the last person in Seattle please shut off the light" Back when my dad worked there in the 60's granted we have other industries now but when Boeing sneezes people get scared lol.

I am an underground utility contractor, we do trenchless sewer and water line repairs and anything that has to do with water in the ground. like wet basements and things like that. I plan on talking to you Sean when I get a more definite direction of what I am going to do with my max. Heck right now I am changing the new 150 tire off the bike the prior owner just put on for a 170 because the 150 is just too small for me.

And so it begins! Changing a perfectly good tire for no reason than I wanted a bigger one just to get me through till I get a new rim and swingarm. Bye 150 80 15 Hello 170!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 26
And so it begins! Changing a perfectly good tire for no reason than I wanted a bigger one just to get me through till I get a new rim and swingarm. Bye 150 80 15 Hello 170!

LOL...Ive done the same thing...

I am just waiting until I get to change my rear tire. Told the neighbor he will have to video me burning the old one off!

You need to look at our Carrozzeria wheels. We also do all the swingarm work. Got one customer on here that would like to swap out with one of our extended arms so his is likely going back up for sale.

Sean

now maybe I missed something in my research.

I think he was referring to UFO/Jon Cornell's reputation for less-than-stellar customer service, and being a general douchebag. Just read some of his long, whiny, sandy vagina rants he posted on his website.

I think he was referring to UFO/Jon Cornell's reputation for less-than-stellar customer service, and being a general douchebag. Just read some of his long, whiny, sandy vagina rants he posted on his website.

Exactly!

Back