NFL Lounge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NFL Lounge - 2009

I know it's NCAA. Nebraska vs Oklahoma for the Big 12 starts in a half hr. Since NE got screwed at last yrs game and this is their last in the Big 12, I'll root for them. If if were OK ST, I'd be for them.

should be a good game tonight...
steelers vs ravens

Attachments

• ``` (Small).jpg
    ``` (Small).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 10

That's perfect Bill!
And WTF, Ben gets hit in the helmet, his nose broken, and no PHU(IN' call?????:bang head: If it was a Steeler doing that there would have been a $50k fine!:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:
No freakin skirt on our quarterback! Ben is one tough Mo Fo!:punk:

Even though the Chefs played like :10_6_8:today, they won 10-6. They had so many turn overs, they looked like Nebraska last night. They tried hard to beat themselves.

Big D did in the Colts in OT. Not a K Boy fan. Was rooting for the lesser of the evils. I did the half time flag thing when KC and Indy was having a playoff game at Arrowhead years ago. The Colt's fans were nothing but smart butts. I thought I was going to get in the midst of a fight twixt a Colts dude and two KC fans. The Colts guy was on the right side of me mouthing off. Finally, a couple KC rednecks to my left told him to shut up. Another Colts fan finally slowed down the nard and changed places a few doors down, putting some distance between them. Here I was thinking, this is gonna look good, me in uniform in the midst of a brawl. Surely they'd have the cameras focus in. I also seen a Colt's gal taunting people all the way down the spiral after the game. No boughtens up at all. I thought a guy was going to slap her. Her BF picked her up and carried her off.

Hope the Steelers pull it off tonight.

Steelers pulled it off but it wasn't an impressive game on their part IMO. I think the Ravens outplayed them. Seemed like Flacco had more completions on their last possesion trying to gun it down to the endzone in the last two minutes than ben did the whole game.

But, a win is a win.

Impressive in terms of stats,no. Impressive for the Steelers, again no, but that's what the Steelers do, they find a way to win. Whether it was Ben breaking free from Suggs, who was having a huge game, and getting outside of the tackles to get rid of the ball, to Palomalu sacking Flacco and causing a game changing turnover, the Steeler's earned this victory.

The Steelers have been hit with injuries and have played through them, albeit struggling at times, they have come up big when it is needed. If they have all their players healthy they are a dominant team. They rely heavily on their tightends to block and catch the ball for those tough yards for 1st downs, so with Miller getting knocked out last nights game while Spaeth was already out with injuries the Ravens were able have their ends crash down on Mendenhal and attack Ben in the pocket. The defense is solid with one question mark, Bryant Mcfadden. Mcfadden's play as a cover corner for me is just not working out that well. He is constantly playing catchup to receivers, and on outside corner moves he cannot cover close enough without being flagged for contact or plays off and gives up too many yards.
Enough with the analysis, they are 9-3, in a good position to finish the season in first place in the north division. Getting to the playoffs fairly healthy is what I'm concerned about now.

I'm NO Cowboy's fan but Dandy Don was a pretty cool guy.....Bummed to hear of his death.......

Don Meredith, the legendary Cowboys quarterback who also manned the "Monday Night Football" booth, passed away Sunday evening at 72. Meredith had been battling emphysema in recent years and suffered a stroke in 2004.

Susan Meredith, the quarterback's wife, said Meredith died after suffering a brain hemorrhage and slipping into a coma.

"He was the best there was," she told the Associated Press. "We lost a good one."

The Texas native was the first Cowboy, signing a contract in 1959, two months before the team was admitted into the NFL.

Meredith led the Cowboys to NFL title games in 1966 and 1967, losing both contests to the Packers, before abruptly retiring at 31 in 1968. He joined the MNF booth in 1970 and became beloved for his work there before stepping down in 1984.

As a player and broadcaster, "Dandy Don" was known for his charisma and sense of humor. He was also a prolific passer, throwing the Cowboys to relevancy, though his failure to secure a championship for Dallas gained him criticism from the team's fans.

I'm NO Cowboy's fan but Dandy Don was a pretty cool guy.....Bummed to hear of his death.......

Don Meredith, the legendary Cowboys quarterback who also manned the "Monday Night Football" booth, passed away Sunday evening at 72. Meredith had been battling emphysema in recent years and suffered a stroke in 2004.

Susan Meredith, the quarterback's wife, said Meredith died after suffering a brain hemorrhage and slipping into a coma.

"He was the best there was," she told the Associated Press. "We lost a good one."

The Texas native was the first Cowboy, signing a contract in 1959, two months before the team was admitted into the NFL.

Meredith led the Cowboys to NFL title games in 1966 and 1967, losing both contests to the Packers, before abruptly retiring at 31 in 1968. He joined the MNF booth in 1970 and became beloved for his work there before stepping down in 1984.

As a player and broadcaster, "Dandy Don" was known for his charisma and sense of humor. He was also a prolific passer, throwing the Cowboys to relevancy, though his failure to secure a championship for Dallas gained him criticism from the team's fans.
Same here Mike, but I always liked him as a broadcaster.

Tonight's a BIG game!!!!.......Pats vs Jets................

Jets! Jets! Jets! New blood.

Update. I think it's safe to say the Jets stink tonight. Glad it isn't close and they still end up loosing. I need to hit the hay for work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jets! Jets! Jets! New blood.

Update. I think it's safe to say the Jets stink tonight. Glad it isn't close and they still end up loosing. I need to hit the hay for work tomorrow.

Pats will be in Dallas in Feb . Tom Terrific is unbeatable...:worthy:

Man the Pats are playing great football,I thought the jets would have given them a run for their money but I guess not..they are going to be tough to beat in the playoffs!

Man the Pats are playing great football,I thought the jets would have given them a run for their money but I guess not..they are going to be tough to beat in the playoffs!
I expected a somewhat close game but the Jets were flat. I think it took many by surprise.
I forsee the Steelers vs. Pats for the AFC Championship for the right to go to the Super Bowl! Time to avenge our loss earlier in the year!:punk:

I expected a somewhat close game but the Jets were flat. I think it took many by surprise.
I forsee the Steelers vs. Pats for the AFC Championship for the right to go to the Super Bowl! Time to avenge our loss earlier in the year!:punk:
One of the 'same old' teams that I can stand going to the S B all the time, Steelers. They have some likable personalities and seem to just like to play football. Just my observation.

Latest posts

Back