nitrous on the v-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, great looking install weasel!!

I believe the sync port is the only place on the intake runners where there is enough material to cut adequate threads....unless you build up an area specifically for tapping.

What do you do when you sync? Use a Weber tool?

I didn't do this installation, but i do agree its the best place the hold the nozzles. I do not like the sets where the nozzles are stuck in air filters and such. This way theres plenty of metal to tap the threads and its just in the place where they should be, just b4 the intake valves... I never synched it Dan

I am hiding as much of my install as I can, with NOS being illegal on the streets here I have to be careful. They will do the following if my NOS system is active:

1) Seize my bike for a week
2) Up to $10,000 fine
3) Roadside suspension of my DL for a week I believe

Not something I want happening! I have even eschewed the wonderful blue bottle for a black one to blend it in. Going to set up the system where I can electrically and mechanically disable it for street riding just in case they see the bottle and pull me over just because. Also will keep the bottle empty on the bike when not at the dragstrip:rofl_200: Ok, I kept a straight face for all of 2 seconds while typing that......

Hey Jim

Why don't you tell them that its for looks only? Thats the most common comment i get from mine. "thats only for looks right?" and i say no its not... and then they get that thinkative engineer look like they're analyzing it and say... "cool, never saw it on a bike"... You can always get those thinner bottles like Kelly and say its oil catch can or coolant expansion reservoir, or both if you go for 2 bottles. Just hide the solenoids and aux fuel pump in case you find a dragster cop... LOL

I am hiding as much of my install as I can, with NOS being illegal on the streets here I have to be careful. They will do the following if my NOS system is active:

Is that a local, Provincial, or National law?

a ticket for exhibition of accelleration.

That's got to be the most bullshit thing I've ever heard in my life. If a cop tried to pull that on me I'd ask what the posted acceleration limit was, since I didn't happen to notice any signs.

A friend in MI once got a ticket for 'excessive noise' when he missed a gear crossing an intersection & a cop pulled a u-turn to give him the ticket. Happened in Kalamazoo.

IS 'wildweasal's' frame a Harris? Anyone know? I tried his album, no dice, no pics! The thread about British frames awhile ago? I sent the co. mentioned an inquiry about the time to produce & cost & never got back a reply. Bet that solves all your weight & handling problems! (yeah, along w/a bunch of parts from the 'breakers,' as our English friends call 'em)

It is not a Harris. It was handmade. One of a kind mate. Very rigid i assure you... If you go to my thread you can see more pics...

Is that a local, Provincial, or National law?

It is provincial law. I have been consulting with a couple of law enforcement buddies about the install and what I might be able to do to keep out of trouble. Biggest thing is to be able to prove to the officer alongside the road that it is inoperable. Have that figured out I think. Will be posting some pics of my project tonight and tomorrow......

ya tell them its just for show,hide the arm switch so it cant be activated, and what ever you do dont volunteer to undo the line so he can open the bottle, if they do say you fill it with air to not wreck the valve seat in it hahahah. yoru idea jim of blacked out will help,if your going up against someone for a little "trial run" if they dont know what that bottle is then their loss hahaha

2) Up to $10,000 fine

Not something I want happening! I have even eschewed the wonderful blue bottle for a black one to blend it in. Going to set up the system where I can electrically and mechanically disable it for street riding just in case they see the bottle and pull me over just because. Also will keep the bottle empty on the bike when not at the dragstrip:rofl_200: Ok, I kept a straight face for all of 2 seconds while typing that......

Now Jim, I'm curious about Massacchusetts law. Hmmm 10-15yrs? The idea of Nos makes me wonder about how much fun it's got to be. Maybe someday. I think I'd want a Sneeky-Pete bottle and hide it at first anyway. Just so I could have fun hitting the button without anyone knowing. Must be my special plugs I can say..lol
Steve

Now Jim, I'm curious about Massacchusetts law. Hmmm 10-15yrs? The idea of Nos makes me wonder about how much fun it's got to be. Maybe someday. I think I'd want a Sneeky-Pete bottle and hide it at first anyway. Just so I could have fun hitting the button without anyone knowing. Must be my special plugs I can say..lol
Steve

Sneaky Pete's are pretty small bottles I think....you may not get much more than a short blast or two before they run out....then the guy comes back for a re-match and yer skrewed!! :rofl_200:

2) Up to $10,000 fine

Your bike is extended, why not mount it between the rear tire and the gas tank? I'm in the process of finishing my underbrace on my swingarm now, I extended it 3" but now I have room for my bottle back there, outta sight outta mind :punk:

I didn't do this installation, but i do agree its the best place the hold the nozzles. I do not like the sets where the nozzles are stuck in air filters and such. This way theres plenty of metal to tap the threads and its just in the place where they should be, just b4 the intake valves... I never synched it Dan

I'm mounting my nozzles the same as yours but I'm going to make new vacuum ports to sync off of, it's not critical that the vacuum ports have thick threads :punk:

Sneaky Pete's are pretty small bottles I think....you may not get much more than a short blast or two before they run out....then the guy comes back for a re-match and yer skrewed!! :rofl_200:
It would still be worth sending my little Brother back to the dealership for remapping of his Beemer
rofl_200.gif
I can here him now "my brother has an old Vmax that smoked me, what's wrong with this thing,you told me that'd never happen when I bought this thing"
He plays catch up without the Nos on a rollon now. I'd tell him after he called the Beemer dealer. But before he brought it in. He IS my Brother.
Steve-o

I'm mounting my nozzles the same as yours but I'm going to make new vacuum ports to sync off of, it's not critical that the vacuum ports have thick threads :punk:

You can just weld tab like a small coin to get thickness for drill and tap...

It would still be worth sending my little Brother back to the dealership for remapping of his Beemer
rofl_200.gif
I can here him now "my brother has an old Vmax that smoked me, what's wrong with this thing,you told me that'd never happen when I bought this thing"
He plays catch up without the Nos on a rollon now. I'd tell him after he called the Beemer dealer. But before he brought it in. He IS my Brother.
Steve-o

There's a plan!!

You can just weld tab like a small coin to get thickness for drill and tap...

The nozzles I used didn't require any tapping at all....just drill a hole, fit the double threaded collar thru the manifold from the inside, loc-tite the holding nut on from the outside and screw the sprayer into the ID of the collar.

Latest posts

Back