Not enough weight on the side stand?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
You guys with dropped front ends and/or shorter rear shocks, here's a quick easy way to get your bike to lay over more on the side stand.

The stand on the left is oem, the small unpainted section just below the white wire is where the stand makes contact with the frame....the stand on the right that Garrett gave me, (thanks, Garrett) shows where I ground that section in about 1/4" allowing it to swing farther forward giving a much better 'lock angle' and less likely to roll forward off the stand.

Attachments

• 100_2053.jpg
    100_2053.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_2054.jpg
    100_2054.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 76
I need to do this. I recently lubed all the pivot points on everything and it's way too easy to roll the bike past the center point on the stand.

so dan that unpainted section is what you ground down more to have more swing to it? or just cant see it on the right painted one i think is what you mean right.

wonder if i can just do that for my non dropped front end just to have it more swung out and stable, always feels like its on the edge of falling over when its not on solid ground.

so dan that unpainted section is what you ground down more to have more swing to it? or just cant see it on the right painted one i think is what you mean right.

wonder if i can just do that for my non dropped front end just to have it more swung out and stable, always feels like its on the edge of falling over when its not on solid ground.

Sorry, I shouldda taken a pic before painting it, prolly would have been easier to see, but yes, I just ground the area where the stand hits the stop so it swings farther forward.

It would benefit your stock bike too.....all of them stand too tall AFAIC!

You guys with dropped front ends and/or shorter rear shocks, here's a quick easy way to get your bike to lay over more on the side stand.

The stand on the left is oem, the small unpainted section just below the white wire is where the stand makes contact with the frame....the stand on the right that Garrett gave me, (thanks, Garrett) shows where I ground that section in about 1/4" allowing it to swing farther forward giving a much better 'lock angle' and less likely to roll forward off the stand.

I found that 83 honda shadow 750 sidestand fits almost perfect and its far more shorter.
Only thing to fabricate is a some bracket to make sidestand switch work.

We offer cut down and powdercoated kickstands for $40 exchange. A whole lot easier to do.

Sean

Back