Oil Drain Plug Size?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
Have 07 vmax with a 17mm oil drain plug. I would like to replace stock plug with one that has a magnet. Does anybody know the plug size and tread type:ummm:

yea the final drive plugs are expensive and hard to find though. i have one of the ones that a few members, it comes with its own re-usable sealing washer. they pop up on ebay pretty often.

Word of warning. I purchased one off flee bay a coulpe years back, worked fine however it's about half the length of stock. No biggie however torqued to stock spec eventually stripped out the threads in the oil pan. A heli coil later and back to stock bolt.

Word of warning. I purchased one off flee bay a coulpe years back, worked fine however it's about half the length of stock. No biggie however torqued to stock spec eventually stripped out the threads in the oil pan. A heli coil later and back to stock bolt.

was it the one with the copper/rubber washer?

The early engines included a magnetic plug. i have a few on hand if anyone wants one. Say $10 with shipping.

Sean

Well, this is an OEM yamaha part so not sure i'd worry much about it.

Sean

Well, this is an OEM yamaha part so not sure i'd worry much about it.

Sean

Hey Sean, sorry I meant i got one off of ebay and i'm worried about its short threads, not the one you have.

Have 07 vmax with a 17mm oil drain plug. I would like to replace stock plug with one that has a magnet. Does anybody know the plug size and tread type:ummm:

Yamaha dealer ordered me one for $9.64 including tax. He said plug was steel 1-1/2" length with 14mm thread. Apparently they can order aluminum as well, also in a sorter length than OEM "No Thanks" I said.

Will let you know if it fits okay...

i THE ONE I BOUGHT IS THE STOCK LENGTH & ITS RED ANODIZED , I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT IT FROM " PYTHON " AT THE SAME TIME I HAD BOUGHT MY REAR SHOCKS FROM THEM , BUT I SURE CANNOT FIND IT ON THEIR WEB-SITE ! .. :confused2:

Yep, 14mm thread 1-1/2 length from Bike Master part #151683 magnetic oil drain plug did the trick...:clapping:

Suggest you ask the folk's at Bike Masters for an exact measurement. The drain plug I took out appeared to be close to the same length
(Head to toe); however, the head size on the original was 17mm and the new one was 9/16".

Back