Oil Leak Left Side

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADMAX

Reaction score
I just installed some solid motor mounts along with Marks Pipes and the K&N Intake from Morley.

When I get up around 8g it looks like I get a splash of oil coming out on the cover on the left hand side...

Question is, is it from the vibration of the solid mounts or the new pcv system somehow not working properly??? Anybody have this prob? I already tried tightening the covers bolts up... Maybe I'll loosen the motor mounts and retorque them and try again!

I just installed some solid motor mounts along with Marks Pipes and the K&N Intake from Morley.

When I get up around 8g it looks like I get a splash of oil coming out on the cover on the left hand side...

Question is, is it from the vibration of the solid mounts or the new pcv system somehow not working properly??? Anybody have this prob? I already tried tightening the covers bolts up... Maybe I'll loosen the motor mounts and retorque them and try again!

Double check that the breather hose is attached to the bottom of the airbox. If it isnt you could be getting oil coming out of the hose and it just happens to come to the left side.

mine did the same thing after the SMM. i was running 10w40 and went back to 20w50. that helped a bit. then all of a sudden it stopped leaking.

it was leaking right under where the cover comes to a point and it was running back on top of the stator insert. didn't leak very much tho, maybe after 100 miles i had a piece of yarn sized down the stator cover and a quarter sized weep area. I would say it weeped, not leaked tho.

there is a rubber gromett that surrounds the stator wires that if not sealed properly will cause that leak.

my leak was near the front, not near the gromett.

I noticed the same thing after installing solid MM's. I retorqued all the case bolts, every one was loose, but don't know if I stopped the weepage or not, haven't ridden it any distance since.

i torqued my front top one there to spec plus another 1/8 turn or so. i should really check them all.

Ya I'm going to try and retorque everything, it is right at front and weeps at higher rpm lower I am fine must be vibration that is causing it... I am also running 20-50!

mine kind of re-sealed the longer i ran it. wonder if the heat and everything caused the gasket to re-expand.

Well, I have a leak which i cant dispose of.

From the left side, from the bottom of one the bolts that hold the intake manifold.
The thread is toasted, need to pull out the cylinder head and repair the thread.

Now that sucks!

Well, I have a leak which i cant dispose of.

From the left side, from the bottom of one the bolts that hold the intake manifold.
The thread is toasted, need to pull out the cylinder head and repair the thread.

Now that sucks!

Ow!! That really does suck Przemek!! Can't gob a little rtv on the bolt to seal it?

Ow!! That really does suck Przemek!! Can't gob a little rtv on the bolt to seal it?

Its multiple sucks, imagine just rebuild engine that needs to be overhul again, dohh!!!

I went with little Yamabond aplied to the thread. It works but its only stopped this about 90%. It still leaks a little. I can live with that till the next winter.
I will try some epoxy eventually.

Well I tried re-torquing all the bolts and still weeps at higher rpm so I may try pulling the gasket off and and a thin coat of yamabond or a whole. New gasket!

gaskets are cheap, might as well do that eh?

i just bought both those gaskets. like 10$ for one and 4$ for the other. I got em offa Sean Morley. I havent installed em yet. crappy cold rainy weather here. waiting for warmer weather, i dont have heated garage.

Prezmek. You only need to take off the intake and put a helicoil in there. The left front and right rear outer most intake bolts go into the valley where the head studs pass into. Drill and tap to the larger size then install your heli coil. Any chips that get lodged in there will stay (most of the time) and not come out. You can start the bike for a few seconds and let the oil leak back out of that hole which will push out the chips too.

No need to take it completely apart at all.

Sean

Back