Oil level myth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't use aftermarket brass. They are all junk. Some of the aftermarket "gaskets" and orings are ok but the brass is just complete shit.

My experience with gas leaking was to do with rust in the fuel tank, where the fine rust dust entered the carbs and kept the float valves from shutting properly. That resulted in fuel leaking into the carbs, and then into the motor, and even out through the exhaust, so possibly different than in this case.

Interestingly, I have this problem where my fuel pump always clicks *a lot*, regardless of how little or how how long I've left the bike. Overnight, for example, and it'll click at least 15-20 times, indicating dry fuel bowls. But, I have no fuel in my oil, just shit fuel consumption, and lots of fuel pump clicking. So, where does it go, and why??

You can't use aftermarket brass. They are all junk. Some of the aftermarket "gaskets" and orings are ok but the brass is just complete shit.

+1 I've mic'd several aftermarket float seats and found them out of spec by .002" - .005", both over & under size.....total junk!

Interestingly, I have this problem where my fuel pump always clicks *a lot*, regardless of how little or how how long I've left the bike. Overnight, for example, and it'll click at least 15-20 times, indicating dry fuel bowls. But, I have no fuel in my oil, just shit fuel consumption, and lots of fuel pump clicking. So, where does it go, and why??

It's time you took your fuel pump apart and carefully inspect it's two tiny rubber diaphragms. Most likely, one of them has become dislodged from it's proper position, and your pump is having difficulty keeping up normal fuel pressure.

Common problem with our pumps, it seems.

So far I've lucked out not having to change a seat. I do check them. They are no joy to get out and replaced. I've played with junk carbs a bit to remove them. That would be a great stickie if anyone has a method.

I thought you were supposed to check the level in sight glass while engine was running and make sure it was between the marks.

I thought you were supposed to check the level in sight glass while engine was running and make sure it was between the marks.
Read this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Oil-Level-Vmax.jpg
    Oil-Level-Vmax.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back