Oil Pressure gauge install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
I have an oil pressure gauge and I am wanting to install it on my max now the 10mm hex that is by the oil level is the one i have seen used for the pressure now is that just drilled and tapped or if another fitting will screw right in there with no problem also would some tubing for house use 1/4'' (ice maker) be strong enough or would i have to go all of the way up to 160 psi 3/8'' stuff. the reason that I ask is because the 1/4'' does not say the pressure limit on it?

mine came with the correct threaded adapter so I took out the 10mm oil gallery nut and screwed it in.

as for tubing- they sell a proper kit at most auto places, tube and adapters, which with maybe one extra fitting from Home Depot/ Lowes/Ace etc would fit the bill for the whole setup.

I have an oil pressure gauge and I am wanting to install it on my max now the 10mm hex that is by the oil level is the one i have seen used for the pressure now is that just drilled and tapped or if another fitting will screw right in there with no problem also would some tubing for house use 1/4'' (ice maker) be strong enough or would i have to go all of the way up to 160 psi 3/8'' stuff. the reason that I ask is because the 1/4'' does not say the pressure limit on it?
IF ITS COPPER TUBING YOU'LL BE FINE ! IF ITS PLASTIC TUBING YOU'LL BE CALLING SEAN MORLEY FOR A NEW ENGINE ! :rofl_200:

I am thinking about getting this one. But whats the deal with them leaking and what not? I am not very mechanical so ease of install and not having leaks etc are a must

@import url(http://www.homestead.com/~media/elements/Text/font_styles.css);
javascript_disabled.gif
[FONT=Garamond, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Cycle One-off Oil Pressure kits. 06+ FZ-1, Bandit, Hayabusa,V-max 85-07 and Venture
[/FONT]
[FONT=Garamond, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]​

tp.gif
NT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Engine mounted style pressure gauge kit.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]White-faced liquid filled pressure gauge to match your speedometer. Easy to install, complete with directions, and fits all years.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I have black-faced liquid filled pressure gauges available upon request for $20.00 more.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Price $35.00 #014
[/FONT]

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] V-max and Venture oil pressure gauge kits.[/FONT]​

Hey, I bought one of these and in about 2 months the gauge window clouded over and you can not see the needle. Gauge should not be filled. Good luck, Spur

i'd actually spend the bit more and get the one with the tube that goes up over the water pump... its like $75. i got the all black one. very happy. that way u can read it while ur on the bike.

also, it comes with a cardboard washer, i can send u a subaru washer that most have found to work better, if u end up ordering it, PM me and i'll mail u one, just gotta make sure i can dig 'em up.

i'd actually spend the bit more and get the one with the tube that goes up over the water pump... its like $75. i got the all black one. very happy. that way u can read it while ur on the bike.

also, it comes with a cardboard washer, i can send u a subaru washer that most have found to work better, if u end up ordering it, PM me and i'll mail u one, just gotta make sure i can dig 'em up.
I SECOUND THAT !...:punk:

Buy the one from Tom at COO. He made me a custom bracket so mine fits with the flyscreen on.
I am having him make me another bracket that I will be able to mount my shift light under the pressure gauge.

Attachments

• DSC00664.jpg
    DSC00664.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 68
yeh I am about to get a shift light too which is why? I was thinking of going with one on the engine? You can get both up there no problem huh?

Also I will let you know for sure as I would really appreciate that Subaru washer

Will have to get off my butt and post pics of my gauge cluster. I have an oil pressure gauge mounted to the right of my tach ( a 3.5" ProCycle tach mounted where the stock speedo was) with a voltage gauge and digital speedo on the left. My shiftlight is up and to the right of my tach. Hopefully I will remember to get a pic and post it..... Oh and this setup was custom made by C.O.O. Tom does great work and will treat you right.

I have one of the case mount shift lights from Tom at COO. It works well but at some point I will get one that mounts up by the speedometer.
One issue that has popped up recently is that it is weeping/ leaking the gauge fluid from the rubber stopper/ plug on the side of the gauge. I talked to Tom and he asked me to send it back to him for inspection.

yeh I am about to get a shift light too which is why? I was thinking of going with one on the engine? You can get both up there no problem huh?

Also I will let you know for sure as I would really appreciate that Subaru washer

When my new bracket arrive kits. I will post some pictures for you.

As far as the Subaru washer goes, I don't believe that you need it. There is a gasket supplied with Tom's pressure gauge kits. I wrapped a few wraps of teflon tape on mine prior to installation, and don't have any leaks.

When my new bracket arrive kits. I will post some pictures for you.

As far as the Subaru washer goes, I don't believe that you need it. There is a gasket supplied with Tom's pressure gauge kits. I wrapped a few wraps of teflon tape on mine prior to installation, and don't have any leaks.

def not a bad idea either. some have used the subu washer, others haven't needed it.

i'd stick with what it comes with unless u gotta switch it out. teflon is a good idea too, didn't think of it.

Back