OK Guys I give up.. going in a different direction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is it. My friend had one and I used it when cleaning his Max carbs. It worked so well, I bought one for myself. I did replace all the original phillips type screws with stainless steel allen heads though.

i'm starting to do that no matter what the bolt is.

I have replaced every bolt / screw on the Max with SS except specialized ones like the valve cover bolts. Even the upside down ones on the cover below the V-Boost manifold. Even did the brake rotors but became concerned with strength so replaced with new OEM ones. Used anti-seize compound to combat thread seizing.

I have replaced every bolt / screw on the Max with SS except specialized ones like the valve cover bolts. Even the upside down ones on the cover below the V-Boost manifold. Even did the brake rotors but became concerned with strength so replaced with new OEM ones. Used anti-seize compound to combat thread seizing.

very nice. you used anti seize on the rotor bolts? i always use lock tite.

5mm x something (1.0 thread pitch I think). Maybe a 1/2" long.
Sean

Sean

Sean,
Just shipped my carbs to you and they should be in Thursday. If when going over my carbs you think it's a good idea to put allen bolts in place of the screws and if you have them in stock, feel free to do it..

Ron

Sean

i forget too, bu ti think the 5mm are .8 or .9 whichever is the common one. 6mm metric is usually 1mm thread and 8mm is 1.25 and 4mm is .75.

Blue Loc-tite on the rotor bolts but I use Anti-seize on the caliper bolts. I always torque everything to spec as well.

Chris

Does anybody know what size the screws on the float bowl covers are?

16 each of 5x12mm x.8 thread pitch, allen head screws-float covers.
16 each of 5x14mm x.8 thread pitch , allen head screws-slide covers.
16 each of 6x10mm x1 thread pitch , allen head srews-carb brackets

very nice. you used anti seize on the rotor bolts? i always use lock tite.

No, no, no.... Anti-seize on SS bolts / screws ONLY. (Especially when SS is threaded into aluminum). Good idea to use on spark plugs also. Rotor bolts are a safety item and should have Loc-Tite. Like 4gasem, I use torque wrench on all fasteners.

Same here, I have a set of SS engine bolts that I don't think I'm gonna get time to change before the BR'10 trip.
Maybe I'll bring them along so I can try out Danny's lift...:hmmm:, but if I do that will I end up with my engine out?:biglaugh:

Back