oldest V-MAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April 18, 1985 was my 35th birthday.
Not many birthday presents last almost 23 years!

How'd I get to 58 so fast????:ummm:

Man... I'm only 33 now...:confused2: :rofl_200: Just playin Bill.

You have had it a long time! That's dedication!:banana:

This one has to be a good bet for being the oldest :rofl_200:

Attachments

• FirstMax.jpg
    FirstMax.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 80
I've dreamed about one since they released it in 1985. I was 17, living in Brazil, and dreaming was all I could do about it. I got mine exactly a month ago, in dec/07, so that probably makes me the person who had owned a vmax for the shortest time. Sometimes go to the garage just to stare at it with a smile in my face... My other bike is a 1983 VT750C honda shadow.

Bill,What number is your 1985?

Hi there,

who is owning the oldest V-MAX??

is it known? maybe there's a list or anything?

it can be figured out according the frame number.

the last digits of the first frame-number was 000101
next 102 and so on.

it will be nice to know how many of our old

steel-pigs are still driving around.

with regards
across the pond

I just picked up my 85 project bike and the number is 000771 so that should make mine the 671 bike made.

As a side note, the 000771 bike was made in Jan of 85, and I also have a frame from Feb of 85 and that number is 0003409
I also have one of Morley's frames from a 96 that is in the 13000's and my 02 was in the 84606.

I would like to know who has the newest VMax 1st gen VMax and we may be able to get a decent idea of the production numbers that way.

Jeff

I just picked up my 85 project bike and the number is 000771 so that should make mine the 671 bike made.

As a side note, the 000771 bike was made in Jan of 85, and I also have a frame from Feb of 85 and that number is 0003409
I also have one of Morley's frames from a 96 that is in the 13000's and my 02 was in the 84606.

I would like to know who has the newest VMax 1st gen VMax and we may be able to get a decent idea of the production numbers that way.

Jeff

Jeff, don't know of it helps much :confused2: But the last 6 digits on my 07 is 001600

I believe that possibly the lowest serial # 1985 V-max could be the original Cycle World test bike that was used in the initial road test and also the "Taking it to the nines" test that had Jay Gleason doing the riding. That bike was sold to Sandy Kosman of Kosman Specialties after the testing, and as of a few years ago he still owned the bike.

Jim

the guy that bought my '94 in october was 68....

he was on the forum for a bit.. his name was 'jamesg'

I will check the number on my 85 this week, and post. I was gonna get a slogan on my number plate "1985 - birth of the beast" - as that's also my year of birth!

Back