Ontario Drag Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfisher65

Reaction score
The 1st annual VMOA Ontario Chapter Drag Day is scheduled for Sunday, August 2nd, 2009 at St.Thomas Dragway.

http://www.stthomasdragway.com/schedule.html

NHRA safety rules apply - Snell 2000 or 2005 certified helmets, leather or ballistic jackets, leather boots/shoes. If quicker than 10.00 then also need gloves and leather/ballistic pants.

Track opens @ 11am, dragging starts @ 1pm

Please send me a PM if you plan on attending.

Thanks.

Looks like I'll be heading out there the morning of the 2nd. If anyone wants to meet up along the 401, let me know. I'll be heading out from the Durham area.

Here's a few quick pics from today's Drag Day. Great weather and a great time at the track!:clapping: Best Gen 1 time - 11.27 @ 120.63 mph and best Gen 2 time - 10.58 @ 132.83 ! :punk: Big thanks to Trevor for organizing a great event. :clapping::worthy:

Attachments

• best gen1.jpg
    best gen1.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 41
  • best gen2.jpg
    best gen2.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 39
  • stthomas1.jpg
    stthomas1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 45
  • stthomas2.jpg
    stthomas2.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 46
  • stthomas3.jpg
    stthomas3.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 52
  • stthomas4.jpg
    stthomas4.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 46
Looks like a great day, too bad I had to miss it. :bang head:

Now let's post up some times and names - curious to see how everybody made out.

Mike

Glad everyone had a safe, dry day. Who got the best gen-1 and gen-2 times? Were there other types of bikes running as well? 10.58 on a Gen-2 is really good...was it all stock? 11.27 is a decent time too for a stock Gen-1.

Blaine

I too would like to thank Trevor for a great event!! Wish Toxic would have run better, still tuning in the EFI which caused me grief all day. Went back to my original settings and gained 15 mph. Unfortunately it also caused me to break out so I lost in the final..... damn throttle hand wouldn't untwist LOL. Will post pics once Trevor posts some of the ones Jodi gave hime, gotta keep my promise:biglaugh:

Looks like a great day, too bad I had to miss it. :bang head:

Now let's post up some times and names - curious to see how everybody made out.

Mike

I don't know his name but the winner was probably the fellow driving the blue Mustang with the one headlight! LOL!

Blaine

Great pics Buster:punk: Going to do some more tuning and go back to the track in a couple of weeks to play around a bit. Toxic was starting to come together in the late runs once I changed the Map!! Gained 15 mph in the last 2 runs, but still not quite right. Going to get the A/F gauge and datalogger hooked up and do some runs down the track that way too. At WOT I noted a huge stumble at 7k rpm that it went through but really cost me time. Just want to save my clutch as they seem to be a casualty for 2 bikes yesterday, Frank's clutch gave up on the way home too. Looking forward to next year too!!!

Do have to say one thing, Sheldon can sure run his Max!! Looking forward to some more time on the track!!

Great pics, Buster. It's great that a 1985 Max can still run with Max's 20 years newer than it. It's a real testiment to the bike.

Blaine

Great pics, Buster. It's great that a 1985 Max can still run with Max's 20 years newer than it. It's a real testament to the bike.

Blaine

Brad's bike ran strong and consistent the whole day. It is a great testament for not only the bike but to the rider also ( plus he wrenches his own bike!)

Great pics Buster:punk: Going to do some more tuning and go back to the track in a couple of weeks to play around a bit. Toxic was starting to come together in the late runs once I changed the Map!! Gained 15 mph in the last 2 runs, but still not quite right. Going to get the A/F gauge and datalogger hooked up and do some runs down the track that way too. At WOT I noted a huge stumble at 7k rpm that it went through but really cost me time. Just want to save my clutch as they seem to be a casualty for 2 bikes yesterday, Frank's clutch gave up on the way home too. Looking forward to next year too!!!

Do have to say one thing, Sheldon can sure run his Max!! Looking forward to some more time on the track!!

Thanks jimmy,really appreciate the comment,and i would like to thank trevor as well i had a blast and look forward to the next one,great people and good times go hand in hand with the vmax community.Cheers.:worthy:

Brad's bike ran strong and consistent the whole day. It is a great testament for not only the bike but to the rider also ( plus he wrenches his own bike!)

True. Plus, he can kill large animals with it too..very handy if you're out on a long ride and get a hankering for venison! LOL!

Blaine

Great pics! Sorry I missed the event. I was really looking forward to it.

How'd that "little" fazer do?

Dale

That little Fazer took all the Gen 1's with consistent low 11's @ 120+. Power to weight always wins.

Yep, the 1000cc engine he has in there should be making approx equal power to a stock vmax - maybe more (ours makes 133rwhp) in a bike weighing 200lbs less. You would need in the 170's in HP to be an even race.

Sean

Back