Open End Caps on SuperTrapps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you are running open end caps on your SuperTrapp slip ons? I've had the open end caps on mine for a couple months now and I cant decide if I like it or not. Maybe its just me but It seems like my bike ran a little better with 8 discs per side closed end caps, vs. the 8 discs per side open end caps that I have now.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you are running open end caps on your SuperTrapp slip ons? I've had the open end caps on mine for a couple months now and I cant decide if I like it or not. Maybe its just me but It seems like my bike ran a little better with 8 discs per side closed end caps, vs. the 8 discs per side open end caps that I have now.

I am running the open end caps and I like the way it performs/sounds. I'm using 8 discs with the comp open endcaps from supertrapp. My plugs are light brown and perfect color. I get about 140mpg, but never dyno'd the bike. Are you running atleast a K&N filter too? I used to run closed and really didnt notice much difference with it opened other than its LOUD!

I am running the open end caps and I like the way it performs/sounds. I'm using 8 discs with the comp open endcaps from supertrapp. My plugs are light brown and perfect color. I get about 140mpg, but never dyno'd the bike. Are you running atleast a K&N filter too? I used to run closed and really didnt notice much difference with it opened other than its LOUD!

Wow! 140 MPG, I'm going to sell my HMF's and get me some Super-Trapps:rofl_200:J/k

If I recall correctly, when I ran 'Trapps they told me that open ended caps were equiveland to about 8 discs per side. Try adding 2-3 discs per side along with open caps and see if it's any better.

At 140 mpg, I wouldn't need to worry about a fill up with Ethanol. That would be so Cool.....:biglaugh:

I think I will try adding a couple discs on each side and see what that does for me.........once the latest snowfall melts.

I ran open end cap supertrapps (8-10 disks) on a 06 with no problem, stock jets and a K&N filiter. I liked the fact the sound was projected back rather than at you as with the closed endcaps. If I remember right 10 ran strong up top and 8 was a little better lower. For what it is worth the "guru" on supertrapps forum stated 10-12 disks equaled the open end caps.

Latest posts

Back