Options for a wide tire kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough to have had a lot of other options but all in all now that it will be as it should have from the start I'm just thrilled I will have a much more reliable setup. But like i said early in this thread if you want a fat tire in back you can kiss ever getting your money back on any of the designs either chain, belt or shaft they all cost more than the bikes worth so if you get one, love it or prepare to lose your ass. Period.

Of course they are not cheap but I would not say extremly costly(8 grands).
Imagine yourself, altough I share no intrest with wide tyre I could do the kit for one third of that. You've just met wrong people IMHO.

You have a double sprocket design connected with chain to gain required offset.
Hes using double u-joint system like most cars with rear drive. Theres also a way
of doing it properly(sorry but, I do not consider any of ways posted above to be fair) but this require notching the frame. Pic attached.

I am looking to convert to belt similar to (attached picture on original post) this but if it's been done before then advice or contacts would really help.
The main issue would be the drive output shaft (gearbox mainshaft) for the front pulley from the engine, also any any casing and support bearings that would be required.
Everything else I can do.
Anyone help?

Last edited:
Who are you mate? Its tradition to present self in the proper section... The middle gear shaft can be prolonged through the bearing to the outside of the middle gear cover so a driving pulley can be fitted. Footrests need to be re placed...

Since this got bumped I figured I'd update it. My cousin got an 09 and threw the Yamaha 240 kit on it.

Apologies Wildweasel, done now. I'll be updating my profile with pictures of the Max and my other rides soon.
As far as the Max conversion goes if I can find a extended gear shaft and casing then I would be a happy chap and I will be doing a belt conversion.
I've tried a internet search and cannot find anyone who makes such parts.
I will be picking the bike up soon and will post pictures soon.

Maybe. Please PM with details. ie, if shaft or other? offset or centralized wheel? Pictures would be cool.
Cheers

My 300 conversion is well on it's way, I managed to get hold of a bespoke swingarm that used gears (a small gearbox in the arm of the swingarm) to provide the offset drive. It did have broken gears but I put this down to not having a cush drive in the rear wheel and a tuned engine.
I have modified the wheel to have a cush drive and am only going to run a stock engine. All that is fitted and I'm now working on a fat front end.
I will post pics on the initial build soon.

Latest posts

Back