Patmax is awesome

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He turned my crown cover into a thing of beauty. This is not for sale, it's going on my max as soon as I'm done with this thread.PAT:You_Rock:

Attachments

• 1101071784.jpg
    1101071784.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 1101071783.jpg
    1101071783.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1101071785.jpg
    1101071785.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 34
I was just mentioning to Rusty how great it is to "rescue" distressed parts.
This was not a candidate for polishing or chrominance but absolutely ideal for Powdercoating. I just did a sissy bar that Sean had repaired for a customer that was made to look awesome after some aluminum welding. It would have been a tragedy to trash that piece. I'll ask the owner if he would mind the "before and after" pics be posted. It would give an idea of what can be done.
Thanks for the support and kind words Rusty.
PATMAX

Wow, great transformational work Pat! Indeed, it'd be a waste to let a functional part go to the bin when we have a skilled person such as you to give a new life.:worthy:

Aw shucks, you make a guy feel humble. Many of you know I only do this for our Vmax community and I try to do it for half of what typical shops around me do it for. The difference is I know the Vmax intimately so I have a good idea of the metallurgical characteristics of certain parts, what shows and doesn't show, and I pay much more attention to detail to "hand" finish parts the factory could never waste time doing.
Take for example a luggage rack. The two stamped steel brackets are always uniform and solid but the edges are often very sharp. Just the lightest of attention to softening the edges give it a more finished look and resiliency to chipping. The rack itself is sand casted. Most of these have non-symmetrical webbing and the corners are always poorly radiused. A little rat tail file work evens things up and now I can even out the width of the webbing. The undersides have terrible casting flash left behind because it is unseen.
To most people I suppose it would not matter and obviously no Powdercoat shop is going to do that work to a piece. It's more akin to prep for chroming a part. In the end I suppose I don 't charge what the work is worth but profit has never been my goal. I don't have the fastest turn around times and my day job sometimes impedes my shipping schedules but I guarantee my work and pack very conscientiously to avoid any uh-ohs. It's a privilege to serve you guys.
Thanks, PATMAX

Wow Pat I wish I lived closer to you as well. Great work. I also want the warm weather.
Steve O did my sissy bar and Luggage rack and it came out awesome. You guys are magicians in restoring these old parts back to life. Great job buddy.

Back