pilot jack?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepseamax

Reaction score
Hello,
What is a "pilot jack" and where is it located? What does it mean when someone has said, "your pilot jack needs to be removed for cleaning...that's why low rpm is not smooth"?

you sure "jack"? maybe "jet"? that would make more sense to me.

otherwise, it's this:
gb%7Epj.gif

I was thinking jet as well, but it was clearly stated as "pilot jack." So, I was wondering if anybody knows what was meant by "pilot jack".

you sure "jack"? maybe "jet"? that would make more sense to me.

otherwise, it's this:
gb%7Epj.gif

Sorry to be pedantic but whist commonly referred to as a 'Union Jack' strictly speaking this would only be correct when flying from a boats jack staff when in harbor.

At all other times it is the 'Union Flag'.

The pilot jet is what lets your RPM's run smoothly at low rpm's

Isn't a "pilot jack" something you HOPE a pilot isn't getting while flying the plane you are on?????:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Oh yeah, went there......

+1. There is no pilot jack.

There is a pilot jet located in the jet block of the carburator. You need to remove the carbs, split the rack in half, remove the float bowl, remove the float, remove the jet block, and inside the jet block you will see some tiny jets. Remove the jets, clean out the orifice, and away you go.

The accumulation in the jet can be hard to break free. The orifice is tiny. I have some cleaning wires for torch tips and all were too big. I ended up soaking the jets in a heavy duty cleaner for a few hours. After that, just some compressed air was needed to clear them out.

Check the carb section for a how to on removing the carbs. There is also a carb rebuild series in there that can show you how to tear apart the carbs step by step

Isn't a "pilot jack" something you HOPE a pilot isn't getting while flying the plane you are on?????:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hahahahaha!! You're going there more often than not lately, aren't you. :)

regards from my tapatalking android...

Sorry to be pedantic but whist commonly referred to as a 'Union Jack' strictly speaking this would only be correct when flying from a boats jack staff when in harbor.

At all other times it is the 'Union Flag'.

Ya, I googled "pilot jack" and the union jack came up. I was like "??????"--learned sumthin new

regards from my tapatalking android...

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

atleast better then a union pilot :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: This one's getting good!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hey....obvious as the balls on a tall dog!! You gotta have a pilot jack to fix a flat pilot!!

Jeesch!! Do I have to explain everything?!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: This one's getting good!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hey....obvious as the balls on a tall dog!! You gotta have a pilot jack to fix a flat pilot!!

Jeesch!! Do I have to explain everything?!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Wouldn't the proper term be flaccid pilot:confused2:

If you ever do know a pilot named Jack, what ever you do, DO NOT get on the plane and greet him with a "Hi Jack", as airport security takes phrases like that dead seriously now-a-days, and you could land in jail.

Seriously, "pilot jack". Now that I've got a genII in the garage next to my Max, I've learned it's a GenII word referring to the little gizmo that obsoletes a GenII's need for a carb chain. Something to do with the fuel injectors. Fiddle with it, and you are cranking up the fuel for a faster ET. I didn't fiddle with this ones' pilot jack because my wife doesn't need to be going any faster than she already can.

LOL. I came late... but here it goes either way... A pilot jack is a a pilot called Jack and its located on the left seat. If he was on the right seat would be a co-pilot jack.

Back