Pingu's max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
real nice project with lot of work!i can 't wait to see new photos.:surprise:

Monoshock assembly,just loosly tacked up as a test piece.....

11022011308.jpg

And mounted up for a looksee......still got to mod the arm for a linkage mounting point...

11022011309.jpg

11022011310.jpg

Monoshock assembly,just loosly tacked up as a test piece.....

And mounted up for a looksee......still got to mod the arm for a linkage mounting point...

11022011309.jpg

Judging from your posting on this bikes rebuild, you obviously have some engineering knowledge. With that said, the bracing on the right side of this picture concerns me.

It appears to be two 1/4" pieces of plate welded to the tube. With about an 1 1/2" overhang. This is going to be subject to some high compression force. Do you have reinforcing bushings planned for these tabs were the bolt passes through for the shock?

Better to be safe than sorry. Make it strong, make it last.

Nice work on the double universal drive shaft in your previous thread.

Gary

Hey Gary i think thats only a mock up to get some references... And believe me if theres someone to do it beefy this is the man... lol... Look at previous posts...

Spot on,Fred....this is a tacked mock up to work out all the relevant dimensions Gary,the final piece will be properly braced in all the relevant areas,thanks for the concern though! Incidentaly,my old CAD computer has gone FUBAR so I will remove my bearing carrier in the next week or so and do you that drawing.

Satariel,there is more clearance than it looks. The shock itself at the lowest point sits just above the lower point of the underbrace on the swingarm.

lots of engineering to be sure, with that said your bike is frikkin AWSOME ! aso one more thing i like the look of the duel shocks. makes it look real muscular ! but your mono system is hot also !

Spot on,Fred....this is a tacked mock up to work out all the relevant dimensions Gary,the final piece will be properly braced in all the relevant areas,thanks for the concern though! Incidentaly,my old CAD computer has gone FUBAR so I will remove my bearing carrier in the next week or so and do you that drawing.

Satariel,there is more clearance than it looks. The shock itself at the lowest point sits just above the lower point of the underbrace on the swingarm.

I can see how much it is...for sure you will be hitting the ground, trust me.
Been there, tried that.

Take my advice and design it in the other way.

Prez

Let me tell you something and don't take me wrong. For me one of the best things on modding my bikes is the fact of doing it myself. Sometimes i waste more money buying parts and working materials than if i had bought the part already done. Thats the pleasure on it. I see no glory on handing my bike to a bike custom shop and go pick it up when done. I prefer to take years and do it by myself... All this to say that so far Neil's work has been great and if he wants to go that way on the rear monoshock let him go. Im sure he won't be disappointed if he gets to a point where he realizes that afterall he should have done it in a different way. Its the modding feeling that won't make him disappointed. Not saying that what you are stating wont make any sense of course... And theres another catch... if he messes it up... no one more will make the same mistake... LOL... Sorry Neil... he he
Keep the focus mate... So far so good...

By the way Prez. I got curious about your side shock assembly. Can you post some pics or is it on your thread? looks nice also...

Last edited:
Another think to remember about prez is i think his comments come off harsher than he means due to the language barrier.

I know that Garret... Thats why i said for him not to take me wrong on what i said. People should face critic inputs as a source of knowledge and not as personal attack... I appreciate what he has to say as anyone else by that matter, thats how we all learn all about our "hobby". I got very interested on his setup and that is why i asked him info about that. We have great pros here and i love to discuss matters in order to get some brainstorming. For experience thats the best way to get things planned...
If what i said didn't meet the purpose just disregard it... "Its just that loving feeling"... I dig Topgun... he he... what can i say?...
Damn... its the 2nd time already i clutter this thread with offtopic... Sorry Neil.

Cheers guys

I know that Garret... Thats why i said for him not to take me wrong on what i said. People should face critic inputs as a source of knowledge and not as personal attack... I appreciate what he has to say as anyone else by that matter, thats how we all learn all about our "hobby". I got very interested on his setup and that is why i asked him info about that. We have great pros here and i love to discuss matters in order to get some brainstorming. For experience thats the best way to get things planned...
If what i said didn't meet the purpose just disregard it... "Its just that loving feeling"... I dig Topgun... he he... what can i say?...
Damn... its the 2nd time already i clutter this thread with offtopic... Sorry Neil.

Cheers guys

its all good, that wasn't directed at you, just a general reminder.

Prez

Let me tell you something and don't take me wrong. For me one of the best things on modding my bikes is the fact of doing it myself. Sometimes i waste more money buying parts and working materials than if i had bought the part already done. Thats the pleasure on it. I see no glory on handing my bike to a bike custom shop and go pick it up when done. I prefer to take years and do it by myself... All this to say that so far Neil's work has been great and if he wants to go that way on the rear monoshock let him go. Im sure he won't be disappointed if he gets to a point where he realizes that afterall he should have done it in a different way. Its the modding feeling that won't make him disappointed. Not saying that what you are stating wont make any sense of course... And theres another catch... if he messes it up... no one more will make the same mistake... LOL... Sorry Neil... he he
Keep the focus mate... So far so good...

By the way Prez. I got curious about your side shock assembly. Can you post some pics or is it on your thread? looks nice also...
Standing against your thoery my dear Pedro, Im only an honest man...so far.
Im not a typu of "cool, keep it up" person....

There are not much "bought items" in my bike, most were even designed
from a scratch by my humble person therefore, Im not arguing with Pingu's fabrication skills...I was just giving him a good advice he can use.
I bealive You are the person who got it wrong.

Garret is right also. Polish grammar is far from similar to english.

Monoshock was disassembled and the rim+swingarm was sold to Philippines.
Completly new arm will follow.

I didn't want to make this into an argument so in that line of thought i'll refrain myself from commenting. And by the way its Fred and not Pedro... Pedro is that guy on Napoleon Dynamite's movie... Thanks for your inputs Prez they are always important...

FRED

Last edited:
I didn't want to make this into an argument so in that line of thought i'll refrain myself from commenting. And by the way its Fred and not Pedro... Pedro is that guy on Napoleon Dynamite's movie... Thanks for your inputs Prez they are always important...

FRED
Sorry, I didnt know FRED, You dont have it in your signature like most of us...

No worries mate... Yeah you're right... Not on my signature... Back to Neils thread...

Crikey....go away for a couple of days.......lol.
Comments duly noted and taken on board,Prez. I've redesigned it to pull the shock another 2" higher,which gives more clearance than the 'Taylormade' conversions so it will be ample.
Thanks for the input.....

Back