Pingu's max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do I mate,I'd love to be able to get away with fuckoff great spikes on me gear.......:punk:

Front end together....
DSCF1874.jpg

Riser/clock mount....

DSCF1873.jpg

DSCF1872.jpg

And my headlight mocked up....

DSCF1870.jpg

All been ripped down,cleaned up and sent off for anodising now,so the front end is FINITO!!!
I've reworked the rear arm,abandoned the mono (no time if I do run into clearance issues) so had to move the shock mount forward to raise the back end. So back to the coater she goes......:bang head:
Rear caliper bracket/shock mount designed,work begins this week on them,then the only biggy is the exhaust. Gonna get in some dairy bends and make up something nice.......:punk:

Oh,sneaky peek at the paint......the ribs will be more mechanical though.

IMAG00541.jpg

VERY NICE BIKE WITH A LOT OF WORK ON IT!!I HAVE BEEN WATCHING FROM THE START.I HOPE TO FINISH IT SOON AND ENJOY IT!:thumbs up:

Looks great - not my cup of tea, too beefy for me.

Its looks really vicious!

Did you end with my advice about monoshock?

Kinda.......I think i could have made it work,but I just want the damn bike on the road now so I moved the shock mount forward instead. At least I know for sure that the twin shock setup works,and if I had run into clearance problems I would have been seriously pissed to have to tear the bike down again.......:bang head:

VERY NICE BIKE WITH A LOT OF WORK ON IT!!I HAVE BEEN WATCHING FROM THE START.I HOPE TO FINISH IT SOON AND ENJOY IT!:thumbs up:

End of April is the aim man,and its looking good........:punk:

Awesome....totally friggin AWESOME!!!

Thanks dude!

Collected casing inserts from the platers,put them up on the cnc last night.

30032011333.jpg

30032011335.jpg

Fitted the gen casing when I got home......

30032011336.jpg

Sweet design on the case inserts! You are right that the front end was going to be beefy ! Project is coming along nicely!
Looking forward to the finishing touches!

Congratulations on the build so far. I really dig the heavy front end. Reminds me of the Taylor builds , which I like a lot too. Keep it up and show as much as you can ! :punk:

Thanks,wish I could take the credit for it but it was designed by the guy who's painting it. I just copied it into CAD and away we go.....really happy with the way they turned out though!

I see all-kinds of movie cues. The bike looks like a Tron Light Cycle.

The etched engine covers look like the Predator II assault weapon they find by the return air duct after the drug dealers are slain @ the movie's beginning, crossed with the Yamaha tuning forks.

And the chunky bike design looks like something the Terminator would ride instead of a common tavern-drinker's Harley-Davidson.

Not mentioning the face mask on the garage floor...

Please tell me that is the face mask for your open helmet.....

I wish......it was going to be fitted with lights,but kinda changed my mind. The bike would've had too much of a 'face'.

I see all-kinds of movie cues. The bike looks like a Tron Light Cycle.

The etched engine covers look like the Predator II assault weapon they find by the return air duct after the drug dealers are slain @ the movie's beginning, crossed with the Yamaha tuning forks.

And the chunky bike design looks like something the Terminator would ride instead of a common tavern-drinker's Harley-Davidson.

Not mentioning the face mask on the garage floor...

The predator/terminator thing was pretty high on the cues for sure. The bike kinda took on a real industrial look,very chunky,and then I just really wanted to tie some predator stuff into it cos I fooking love that whole genre.
The 'blades' are actually modelled on the twin-bladed hunting knife the youngling carries in the first AVP film,mixed with the tuning fork logo. Just a little idea I had and my painter friend drew up into reality for me......also,my original plan for the build used a girder front end with billet legs machined in the shape of the predators wrist blades but I canned that idea due to time. Might still happen.......:punk:

And done,for the time being anyway......need to change the can for something more compact.

Bike005.jpg

Bike001.jpg

Bike004.jpg

Bike007.jpg

Bike008.jpg

Bike011.jpg

Bike012.jpg

Bike013.jpg

Latest posts

Back