Pingu's max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

Reaction score
Had my 'max for a couple years now,bought her as a wreck and rebuilt with ZX9r front end in billet yokes,dominator lights,solid motor mounts,windowed clutch,Exactrep rearsets,laser cans,braced and notched arm with a BT1100 wheel made to fit for some nice rubber,and a tail chop.

DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1450.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

Gratuitous shot of yokes....

vmax007.jpg

Anyway,all was well til I won this on eblag.....300/40/17 Avon...

fatmax002.jpg

So tear down and start again,new swingarm....

101.jpg

013.jpg

Machined a hub to take a car wheel....

DSCF1748.jpg

And begin mocking up,engine painted,frame and arm powdercoated..

011-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

Buell XB rear wheel with some adaptors to turn into a twin disc front wheel...

22092010078.jpg

And some more mocking up.....R1 forks to go on next once I've made the yokes and extensions.

014.jpg

25092010092.jpg

25092010093.jpg

Wow, Fast restart... Welcome back to the VMF...
Really came along very nicely.... Beautiful....

Last edited:
Bike is coming along nicely! I wish I had your motivation, and access to a machine shop..... you a toolmaker??

Yeah,traditionally trained......we got CNC's but I can still do things the proper way when needed! :rofl_200:

They do come in handy for yokes and the like. Sorry,triples! Carving 3" thick billet by hand is a ballache for sure......

very very nice!. can't wait to see progress.

Man, this project takes the Mod Monkey of the year award for me! Doubt there will be much to rival this in radicalness, complication and execution. Bravo P bravo

God,I can't go anywhere.....:rofl_200:

Anyhoo,some new pics....

02012011228.jpg

02012011229.jpg

04012011233.jpg

04012011234.jpg

04012011236.jpg

Looks awesome, just curious how that driveshaft is gonna work on an angle like that? :ummm:

Yo P, that thing is Bomb! Totally wack and off the chart. Ley us know about the driveshaft setup. You need a Maxgasser seat on there. It would be the only one on the European continent and it totally fits the theme you are creating. Private message me if you want one! Or check out www.maxgasser.com

There's a second joint in the billet section just in front of the final drive,I'll sanp some pics when my custom shafts come back.
Patmax,love the seats but just too much cash for me dude! The whole bike stands me at ?1500 so far. No way I could've done this much if it weren't for my job!!

Latest posts

Back