Pittsburgh Run....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Here it is gents. 44 magnum [Devin] and I were discussing a meet up and when i mentioned it, lots of other people seem interested. So lets get as many as we can and meet up...

My Plan:

Thursday - Work, leave boston. Arrive in Utica, NY. Crash

Friday - Leave Utica. Pick up people along the way to pittsburgh. Arrive it pittsburgh. Bust Chris' balls. Meet and greet the folks meeting up.

Saturday - hang out, relax, have some brews

Sunday - say good bye, head back to Utica, NY. Crash

Monday - Utica, NY - Boston.

For dates, we were thinking weekend of 5/1 with raindate of 5/8. If those don't work we'll try to do something in late august when it cools down a bit.

Locals, feel free to chime in places we should start looking at to stay. I'm thinking its the "pittsburgh run" but we don't need to stay right in the city. i'm perfectly happy being quite a bit outside (5-10 miles) and going in the city if we want. i was thinking like where 76 meets 79 north of the city that being kind of the radius, but i don't know shit about the area so i'll leave it up to u guys.

I'd much rather do the run in 60 degrees than 90! i know i can't do it again until beg of july after those two weekends so, if they are too cold, rainy, whatever we can call it off until august.

Once we get a head count, i can start looking around for lodging for everyone. Also how much $ does everyone want to spend per night on a room? Do you guys want the cheapest motel around or do you want a hampton inn or something a little more up scale?

I think the area of rt22 and 76 just east of pittsburgh would be a good place to stay(Monroeville)
The turnpike, parkway, and rt 22 all intersect there.

I will be more than happy to set everything up if you want me to.

Mike, if your in for this maybe we can come up with a good ride for everyone?

Im in hell even if my motor is not done ill meet up with you guys ill take my truck or the wifes 535,LOL

Once we get a head count, i can start looking around for lodging for everyone. Also how much $ does everyone want to spend per night on a room? Do you guys want the cheapest motel around or do you want a hampton inn or something a little more up scale?

I think the area of rt22 and 76 just east of pittsburgh would be a good place to stay(Monroeville)
The turnpike, parkway, and rt 22 all intersect there.

I will be more than happy to set everything up if you want me to.

Mike, if your in for this maybe we can come up with a good ride for everyone?

monroeville looks good to me Bill...

as far as $$ i'd say we got people coming from all over. cheaper probably the better, but also fitting everyone in the same place would be good as well.

sorry i put u guys a shithole in utica, but it was that or $120 a night so sorry again, probably a step up from that would be good. what kind of $$ we talking about in general? whats a shithole? whats middle of the road?

monroeville looks good to me Bill...

as far as $$ i'd say we got people coming from all over. cheaper probably the better, but also fitting everyone in the same place would be good as well.

sorry i put u guys a shithole in utica, but it was that or $120 a night so sorry again, probably a step up from that would be good. what kind of $$ we talking about in general? whats a shithole? whats middle of the road?

I would say low end/middle of the road would be like a red roof inn or something similar. Probably $55 per night for a double. Don't hold me to that price, but i'm probably not far off.

Then it would go up from there...

May is coming QUICK! I hope I have my bike running by then. If not, I may have to borrow a HD to meetup with you guys.

If you guys are REALLY cheap you can stay in my backyard in a popup camper, LOL!! Just watch out for my neighbor though, thats all I'll say.

If you need any help or opinions just ask. I'd be glad to help set up accomodations, supply a BBQ at my place, route, whatever.

Does anyone have any ideas on something that they would like to see while in the area? I'm terrible at picking destinations. You guys looking for a ride far out into the country or looking to get into the city and stay fairly close, or??

Here it is gents. 44 magnum [Devin] and I were discussing a meet up and when i mentioned it, lots of other people seem interested. So lets get as many as we can and meet up...

My Plan:

Thursday - Work, leave boston. Arrive in Utica, NY. Crash

Friday - Leave Utica. Pick up people along the way to pittsburgh. Arrive it pittsburgh. Bust Chris' balls. Meet and greet the folks meeting up.

Saturday - hang out, relax, have some brews

Sunday - say good bye, head back to Utica, NY. Crash

Monday - Utica, NY - Boston.

For dates, we were thinking weekend of 5/1 with raindate of 5/8. If those don't work we'll try to do something in late august when it cools down a bit.

Locals, feel free to chime in places we should start looking at to stay. I'm thinking its the "pittsburgh run" but we don't need to stay right in the city. i'm perfectly happy being quite a bit outside (5-10 miles) and going in the city if we want. i was thinking like where 76 meets 79 north of the city that being kind of the radius, but i don't know shit about the area so i'll leave it up to u guys.

Would expect no less brother....Looking forward to this ride indeed.

Are you thinking/planning to come down and go with too? Who all's coming from my side?

--
No, I'm happy to be able to go to the Brownie Run at the end of May. We might still have snow here in early May and the roads will be real crap, still covered in a nasty sand/salt mixture. Well, unless we for once get April showers to wash the goop off the road.

Last edited:
I would say low end/middle of the road would be like a red roof inn or something similar. Probably $55 per night for a double. Don't hold me to that price, but i'm probably not far off.

Then it would go up from there...

$55 ish sounds great RRI would be good, but like redbone said...

I know most guys like to be on the same level as their bikes, basiclly parked right outside their room if at all possible.

i agree next to the bikes is key. but i'll def leave the area discretion up to u guys. I'd easily pay an extra $20 a night to be in a safe area where we dont have to keep watching the bikes. i'll split a room with someone too. just gotta be a sound sleeper like me

May is coming QUICK! I hope I have my bike running by then. If not, I may have to borrow a HD to meetup with you guys.

If you guys are REALLY cheap you can stay in my backyard in a popup camper, LOL!! Just watch out for my neighbor though, thats all I'll say.

If you need any help or opinions just ask. I'd be glad to help set up accomodations, supply a BBQ at my place, route, whatever.

Does anyone have any ideas on something that they would like to see while in the area? I'm terrible at picking destinations. You guys looking for a ride far out into the country or looking to get into the city and stay fairly close, or??

i can go into boston anytime, but we don't get country riding much out here. i'd love to do that. its not about the destination man, its about the ride.

Would expect no less brother....Looking forward to this ride indeed.

just for u man.

I won't be able to make the whole run to P'Burgh but want to participate, maybe do the first leg out to central NY or something, I'm working on that.

Hate to mention it, but the rain date, weekend of May 8, is Mother's Day weekend....might be difficult for some to make it then.

This looks like a great ride, that area down through western NY is really nice riding! :punk:

good point dan-o. for most at least. for me it would actually allow me to see my family on that Sunday! so you wouldn't hear arguments from me.

just got confirmation that george will be attending if he can get it off from work. should we start informing the food joints along the way?

he won't cause too much trouble. i'm just not sure the NYS thruway has enough food.

oh ya just remembers the walking hollow tree trunk haha, ya inform all food places or have a barge ready for him at the end of the night.
he get a max yet???

Back